Changing Intralink Server

Most of our files are now backed up to common space with in Intralink. Very soon we will be setting up a server that will be exclusively for Intralink. My question now is, how do we move Common Space from one server to another? I hope I don't have to check-in each file again, like I do at this time, as I am moving our files into Intralink.

Frank

Reply to
fm

This is how you would move files from old server to new server:

  1. Perform a complete backup on your old server (in case move fails)
  2. Create a database dump file on your old server
  3. Copy your vaults from existing server to a good location on new server
  4. Install file server & specify location for copied vaults.
  5. Install dataserver.
  6. Import the database dump file to the new dataserver.

No you do not need to checkin each file again. After the 'move' is complete the new server should function just like the old one.

Tim

fm wrote:

Intralink.

Reply to
tim

Hallo Frank, you can do that very simple in this way.

  1. Set up your new Dataserver with the same Version and Release as your current. The new Database must have the same ore a bigger size as your old. If requiered also a new Fileserver.
  2. Export your current (old) Dataserver via DSMU to a dump file.
  3. Import this dump file in your new Dataserver.
4.a. If you are not interested in moving your current Fileserver you are ready. 4.b. When you have setup a new fileserver you must move your files. - When your old Fileserver is still running go to the new dataserver (DSMU). - Create (register) the new Fileserver via DSMU. - Move the old Vaults to there new location via DSMU. .... waiting some time ..... :-) ... hopefully done. - you can remove the old Vault and Fileserver via DSMU in the new Dataserver If the old Filerserver is not available anymore, you must do this step (4.b.) manualy. - requiers a sql script from PTC.

You can get future infos in the PTC knowledbase:

Moving the Data Server and/or File Server to a New Machine. - requiers a valide PTC account.

yours

Ingo

Reply to
Ingo Hochmuth

Ok, thanks for the help, I will be keeping this information.

Frank

Reply to
fm