sheet offset in paper space?

Is there any way to move the sheets lower left corner to the origin (0,0,0) in the layout? That, would make it a lot easier to set up the plots that I do.

Bob

Reply to
<castlebravo242

Bob, If you have configured the layout to use a specific print driver and sheet size that came with that driver the margins, which are the dashed lines in the layout view, will be set by the print driver. You have to create a custom sheet size with no margins. How you accomplish that will also be driven by the driver for the device you have configured. You have to go into the properties of the print device and find the custom sheet size page, if there is one.

Daryl Stockton

Reply to
sakoguy

I was referring to the origin in paper space being below and to the left of and below the display of the sheet. At the moment I am plotting window or extents, centered. My title block is xreffed or inserted as a block into paper space and has a border around it the physical size of the sheet to be plotted. I usually plot to pdf.

Bob

Reply to
<castlebravo242

Bob, You didn't say which version of AutoCAD you are using. But in all the versions since 2000 the UCS in paperspace is not shown on 0,0. If you issue the line command in paper space and start the line at 0,0 you will see that the line actually starts at the lower left corner of the dashed margin line. The margins are adjustable from wthin the print driver of the device specified in the current page setup as I explained previously. This is the case whether you are plotting to an actual printer or to a software printer like PDF or DWF. It sounds like you may not be using model/paper space correctly. The drawing in model space should always be drawn at 1:1 or full/ actual size. The text and dimension sizes are those appropriate for the scale at which the sheet will be plotted. In the latest releases you can use the annotation scaling feature to make sure your text and dimensions are the correct plotted size. Your title block, whether it is a block, xrefed, or drawn in paper space, should be it's actual size, 24x36, 30x42, etc. Normally, you don't plot window from paper space. You scale the view in the viewport or viewports to the scale to be plotted. You can plot extents in a viewport, but normally one would only do that if your not worried about scale.

Daryl

Reply to
sakoguy

Bob, Also, depending on the print driver used in the page setup, the margins may not show as a dashed line. That is usually because the driver chosen has the margins set ou to the edge of the sheet. In this case if you issue the line command and start the line at 0,0 the line will start at the lower left corner of the sheet.

Daryl

Reply to
sakoguy

I found what I need. I need to set specify plot offset relative to edge of paper and set my offset to x=0 y=0 for my title block file to locate properly without specifying the insertion point as a block or xref.

Bob

Reply to
<castlebravo242