AutoCad Compatible Drawing Software

Hi all

Does anyone have experience of using CAD software delcared as "AutoCad compatible"? I am looking for cheap software for a satellite office to enable them to edit AutoCad drawings without destroying the format of the original file. Got a shock when I looked at the price for LT - close to £1k!

One piece of software suggested is ZWCad. Is anyone using it to know exactly how compatible this is?

Don't like believing the sales hype on the web sites - prefer genuine user feedback.

TIA

Phil

Reply to
TheScullster

If you are already using AutoCAD would and extra user license not be the cheapest route.

Bob

Reply to
<castlebravo242

ZWCad is a member of the intellicad "family" We use Cadopia, which is = also based on the intellicad engine, and it works great for a fraction of the Autocad price.

We switched from Autocad simply because we got fed up with Autodesk's = update greed. Our original Autocad ver 14 was all we needed, but we had to = update to be able to read our customers dxf files.=20

Reply to
J. Nielsen

I use R14, together with DWGgateway. DWGgateway allows file conversion between the various formats, but I admit that I haven't tried it with a dxf file.

Brian.

Reply to
no-spam-for-hkjffekafphdkdoemehepegkppboihac