Please help me buy Autodesk at a discounted price

I really can't afford more than $500 to buy this software, I heard there is a simple version of the Autodesk Autocad that I cann buy since I will not need the capbability of the full features. I need the software to facilitate structural calculations and some editing? Any help? Please e-mail me directly at snipped-for-privacy@bellsouth.net thanks a.a.

Reply to
AA

AutoCAD LT 2008 currently sells for $899.00. You can also get DRCAUTO Toolkits from

that make your copy of AutoCAD LT compatible with Visual LISP and Visual Basic. Sorry, $500.00 is not going to cut it. Maybe 5 years ago. Licenses are non-transferable.

If you are not going to share your work electronically with others, then you could get IntelliCAD. But because of the trusted DWG checking, AutoCAD will reject anybody else's DWG format other than their own. So if you choose IntelliCAD, you won't be able to send your drawings back to a client or consultant that uses genuine Autodesk software.

Bill DeShawn

bdeshawn

I have a full version of acad 2007. It is a student version and costs 10% of the full price of $3800.00 for regular retail from an authorized acad dealer. I cannot use my student version as I work for profit. It has a banner that is built in that says the drawing was created with a student version. I paid $379.99 from a local university. I have not registered it as I never fully installed it. I want to get some of my money back and would sell it for $200.00. The person who buys it can register it with acad and will be perfectly legal. I will accept a personal check and ship once the check has cleared. I will pay postage. S. Smith

Reply to
S. Smith

Reply to
Jerry G

" will be perfectly legal."?

I think NOT!!!

Reply to
Michael (LS)

Yes it will be legal as I have NEVER installed it.

Reply to
S. Smith

Ummm... I hate these kinds of useful NG messages (let alone getting involved)... but you did say (above): ".... as I never _Fully_ installed it.:

A partial install is not the same as Not installing it (true?). And I don't think a partial install matters... any install is an install.

Enough said I think on this topic...

Regards,

BruceF

Reply to
Mr. B

Hopefully here is the last word on this. I did not install or use the program at all. I opened the box and there was a flyer inside that explained the banner. The banner was not mentioned on the outside of the box. I closed up the box and it sits on my shelf.

Reply to
S. Smith

Even if you didn't install it, you bought it and Autodesk (I'm pretty sure) needs to be involved in any sort of license transfer (and wasn't your name registered when it was purchased?). The other reason (and the reason I'm positive it's not going to be "perfectly legal") is that you have the Educational version, which is not transferable, nor is it sold to non-students/schools/faculty/etc. It sounds like the OP is looking for something to do "work" on, which is of course a no-no for the version you have.

Michael (LS)

Reply to
Michael (LS)

You are wrong on all counts. No name or registration given at time of purchase. This version could be used by anyone as long as they don't use it for profit. The end.

Reply to
S. Smith

Reply to
Bill Gilliss