Running Autocad 12 on Windows 2000 Prof

Anyone know how to get it to run? I can't get past an error message = "divide by 0".

It runs fine on Win98SE.

Thanks.

Sam

Reply to
Sammy bin Snoozin

Sam: I couldn't get it to run, either. I recommend that if you have to use R12, get a computer running with Windows 98SE. Network the computer to your current computer for file sharing, but disable Internet service on that computer. Windows 98 is very susceptible to virus attacks.

Bill DeShawn

bdeshawn

Thanks, Bill. At least I know it's not me (this time). I'm stuck with = one computer, so maybe I can load both 2000 and 98SE on it and then just = boot up 98 when I need to run acad.

I would LOVE to run a later version, but as this is a hobby I can't = justify the cost. Do you know what is the oldest version that will run = on 2000? Will check on ebay, etc. for it.

Thanks, Bill!

Sam

Reply to
Sammy bin Snoozin

Thanks, Bill. At least I know it's not me (this time). I'm stuck with one computer, so maybe I can load both 2000 and 98SE on it and then just boot up

98 when I need to run acad.

I would LOVE to run a later version, but as this is a hobby I can't justify the cost. Do you know what is the oldest version that will run on 2000? Will check on ebay, etc. for it.

Thanks, Bill!

Sam

2005 is being retired at the beginning of the year.

Bob

Reply to
sycochkn

a lot of programs you can setup the exe file to run in 95/98 combatability mode. that could solve your problem. i've used this and been successful before in running old software.

hope this helps.

Reply to
alanjt

I'll give it a try. How do I go to 95/98 compatibility mode?

Sam

Reply to
Sammy bin Snoozin

Well, isn't that special!