Running Autocad 12 on Windows 2000 Prof

Anyone know how to get it to run? I can't get past an error message "divide by 0".
It runs fine on Win98SE.
Thanks.
Sam
On Dec 8, 7:57 am, "Sammy bin Snoozin"

Sam: I couldn't get it to run, either. I recommend that if you have to use R12, get a computer running with Windows 98SE. Network the computer to your current computer for file sharing, but disable Internet service on that computer. Windows 98 is very susceptible to virus attacks.
Bill DeShawn http://my.sterling.net/~bdeshawn

Thanks, Bill. At least I know it's not me (this time). I'm stuck with one computer, so maybe I can load both 2000 and 98SE on it and then just boot up 98 when I need to run acad.
I would LOVE to run a later version, but as this is a hobby I can't justify the cost. Do you know what is the oldest version that will run on 2000? Will check on ebay, etc. for it.
Thanks, Bill!
Sam

Thanks, Bill. At least I know it's not me (this time). I'm stuck with one computer, so maybe I can load both 2000 and 98SE on it and then just boot up 98 when I need to run acad.
I would LOVE to run a later version, but as this is a hobby I can't justify the cost. Do you know what is the oldest version that will run on 2000? Will check on ebay, etc. for it.
Thanks, Bill!
Sam 2005 is being retired at the beginning of the year.
Bob
a lot of programs you can setup the exe file to run in 95/98 combatability mode. that could solve your problem. i've used this and been successful before in running old software.
hope this helps.

I'll give it a try. How do I go to 95/98 compatibility mode?
Sam
Well, isn't that special!