Running AutoCad 2006 on a Network

I would like to run AutoCad without installing it on my Notebook because I don't have enough HD space there, by just clicking on the acad.exe file on the server where it is installed, without going into the hassles of Network Licensing managers and so forth. I run a lot of programs this way I wonder whether anyone has done this before. I get an error message indicating there is a system file missing. Does anyone have a list of all the files which are installed in the system directory during installation. Assuming that will be sufficient to get the program running I would copy those files into my system directory in the notebook and probably it may work.

Any other ideas are appreciated.

Charles

Reply to
elishaphat

AutoCAD will not work this way. If you purchased a stand alone version it will only work on the computer it is installed on, in this case your server. If you are running Windows XP on your PC and your server is a Win 2003 server you can use the Remote Connection tool to open the server desktop on your PC and use AutoCAD in the remote session. The Remote Connection tool may work with older Windows servers, but I only have experience with 2003 based servers.

Reply to
sakoguy