autocad very slow!!!

Hello, excuse for my english..I'm italian I have this problem I have a fileserver Win XP Pro, motherboard MSI P4N SLI, 2 GB RAM, 2
Seagate 250Gb in mirroring, Pentium 4 3Ghz. In this file server there is a share $D in which there are some configuration of autocad 2005 such as plots, styles etc...so any user who use autocad installed on any client have the same configurations...in this share there are also the files DWG used by the users. There are 5 clients on which are installed Win 2000 Pro, Autocad 2005, Norton AV Corporate. The employee log on to the client with local administrative privileges, start autocad, open a file on the share $D on the server Win XP Pro, and works... First Problem: when draw a line it takes from 2 to 4 seconds to view the line!!! Second problem: when I try to launch a preview it takes from 20 to 40 seconds to preview!!! ...for files not so big..says..medium-small!!!
Note that: the old server was a Win2000 Pro, with only one HD maxtor, with less RAM, with motherboard less performance...butthis problems dosent appears!!! Win Xp Firewall is disabled on to server and on to clients...
I was monitoring the net...and there is a lot of bandwidth...so nothing bottleneck over the net...
I'm begin crazy for this problem... Can anyone help me??..Thanks a lot!!!
Andrea
[...]
Only a single question : are you running Autocad 2006, or Autodesk Map 3d 2006 ?
if it's Autodesk map go to : http://g-eaux.com/Autocad/experience_map2006.html to have some explication and then http://g-eaux.com/Autocad/accelerer_map2006.html to see what to do
Title are in french, but explication are in english
PowerClic: http://www.g-eaux.com/powerclic/explorer/english.html