Reading co-ordinate file

Does anybody know where I can get a lisp that will read a file of co-ordinates(XYZD) and then place a block, as defined by the desription, at the proper XYZ position?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Dave

Reply to
HJV

HiHo; Look in

"get the code" section.

Reply to
bestafor

What is the format of the file you want to read in? What does the description look like, a block name?

Is this something you have seen somewhere, or are we starting from scratch?

Had a friend who had some point data he wanted to take from an ASCII file and make it graphic.... similar.

If you have an ASCII file that is just line by line DXF code, reading it in and (entmake) is not rocket science.....

Reply to
roy