Unexpected File Format Error

I am running SW 2005 SP0.1. I just saved my assembly and went to open it again and got and "Unexpected File Format" error. I then tried to open each part to see what part may be causing the problem. It turns out I get the error on all of my assembly parts except the original. Has anyone else run into this? If I cannot open this assembly I am really hosed. Thanks.

Reply to
Lyle Brummer

Check your backup location.

Reply to
CS

Tried that. Anything else? Thanks.

Reply to
Lyle Brummer

Send the file into your VAR so they can send the file into SW for repair the file sounds corrupt.

Regards, Scott

Reply to
Scott

This happens when the reg code 30 day time limit expires.

Reply to
Mike J. Wilson

Oops, I meant when you try and open a file older than 30 days when you haven't entered the reg code yet.

Reply to
Mike J. Wilson

Does anybody figured out this "unexpected file format" error? We have the same problem in two seats. The symptomas are the same as Lyle wrote. The point is that during two months were no problems. Its not assembly specific, happens to single part files too.

SW 2005 SP0.1 win XP PRO sp2 Nvidia FX 500 (2nd FX 1100) Pentium 4 3GHz RAM 2GB

Reply to
Valdur