Unexpected file format

Just talked to a customer who had trouble opening part files he had created from STEP-files. Every time, he got the error message
unexpected file format.
I could not open his part files, but he could open a part file that I had generated from STEP, so the problem was somewhere in his system.
Everytime he imported a STEP file, some template error message came up. The problem, it showed out, was that the path for templates under options - file locations did not point to his templates. This was the solution this time. Unexpected solution as well I guess.
Andreas BB, Application Engineer, ProNor AS
This is typical of a network problem.
Can he not remake the file from STEP?
Andreas Blom-Bakke wrote:

--