Importing a Step file from IDEAS

I have received a step file of a large assembly that was created in IDEAS Master Series 9.

When I import the assembly into SWX, the file names of the various components appear to be a part description instead of a part number.

BUT, if I use ProDesktop Express, the imported component file names are the real part numbers.

I would use ProD to import the step, save as a step, and then import into SWX, but that creates some other (severe) problems.

Any thoughts or ideas? I want the file names of the imported components to be the part number and not the description. I am surprised to see that the imported component names vary between SWX and ProD. Is there some import or export setting that could be causing this?

Reply to
Arlin