Importing .STEP Files

Hello,

I have a couple of step files that open as surfaces models. What I'm looking for is for them to open as solid models and have been told it is possible by lowering the relative accuracy - Tried this several ways but the models always open w/ a higher relative accuracy then what I've preset Is there more than one config setting that can effect the default relative accuracy?

Thanks-

Reply to
CKERIDES

Make sure intf_in_external_accuracy is set to "no".

What I'd do is open the STEP (notepad) and search for "uncertainty_measure_with_distance" and set Pro/E's absolute accuracy about the same or try bracketing the value.

It could be that the surfaces were not joined before export, in which case you'll have to "edit def" the import feature and Edit / Feature Properties / Make Solid.

========================

Reply to
Jeff Howard

Instead of open STEP file directly. You need to create a part first, set the desired acuracy, then import the STEP (Insert data from file)

C.P

Reply to
C.Pham

"Instead of open STEP file directly. You need to create a part first, set the desired acuracy, then import the STEP (Insert data from file)"

This worked- Thanks

Reply to
CKERIDES