Wildfire 1.0 Stability and Performance

We have been having a lot of problems with Wildfire 1.0 relating to non-reproducible exits of the software. Is there anyone else out there that are having the same problems? We are on datecode M220 of Wildfire

1.0 and Dell hardware.

Wildfire 1.0 seems to be a shocking release of Pro/ENGINEER regarding stability and reliability. I heard a whisper that PTC are not recommending customers move to Wildfire 1.0 because of this. They are recommending moving straight to Wildfire 2.0.

The issues seem to be related to non-initialised memory within the software, but PTC seem a wee bit relucant to admit this. The issues are also greatly increased in a PDMLink environment.

Can anyone tell me what there experiences hasve been when they have been in an 'escalated' state with PTC?

What do other users think about backward file compatability, error reporting, crash recovery, software updates without patches and auto-saving within Pro/ENGINEER sofware.

Any comments good or bad on any of the above would be greatly appreciated.

Reply to
jstewart