Surface quilt colors in Wildfire 2 Pre-Production

Yesterday I performed a File-Save As operation on a Wildfire instance model that contained a surface quilt feature which I had previously changed the color of. When I opened up the Saved As stand-alone model, the surface quilt feature had reverted back to its original color. Anyone else experienced this yet? I was running Wildfire 2 'Pre-Production', so I can sort of understand some quirky behavior with the software. However, I do hope that PTC gets this particular bug resolved before the production version of Wildfire 2 is rolled out to the masses.

Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire 2.0 / Buildcode 2003500

R.M.

Reply to
R.M.

David Janes

Reply to
David Janes

Hi David,

Whenever a Pro/ENGINEER user performs a File-Save A Copy(or File-Save As in some earlier versions of Pro) on a Family Table instance model, the resulting copied model is a stand-alone part file. Meaning it isn't part of a Family Table. In the particular case of mine, the surface quilt feature was added to the generic model. Then its color was set to a color that differed from the solid part model geometry itself. Okay. An instance of this generic was retrieved and a File-Save A Copy operation was performed. When the resulting stand-alone part file was retrieved, the surface quilt feature had reverted back to its original color which matched the solid part model's color. This behavior shouldn't be taking place. At least I don't think so.

Hope this helps to clarify what is happening for you David.

R.M.

Reply to
R.M.

"R.M." wrote in message news:CX2dc.312$ snipped-for-privacy@eagle.america.net... : "David Janes" wrote in message : news:Ua2dc.32$iE.28@okepread04... : > "R.M." wrote in message : > news:0fKcc.269$ snipped-for-privacy@eagle.america.net... : > : Yesterday I performed a File-Save As operation on a Wildfire instance : model : > : that contained a surface quilt feature which I had previously changed : the : > : color of. When I opened up the Saved As stand-alone model, the surface : quilt : > : feature had reverted back to its original color. Anyone else experienced : > : this yet? I was running Wildfire 2 'Pre-Production', so I can sort of : > : understand some quirky behavior with the software. However, I do hope : that : > : PTC gets this particular bug resolved before the production version of : > : Wildfire 2 is rolled out to the masses. : > : : > : Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire 2.0 / Buildcode 2003500 : > : : > : R.M. : > : : > Have you found some way to reference part color in a family table? And : been able : > to enter a new color? If not, all the default attributes of the base part : get : > used. Are we talking about family tables here? 'Save As stand-alone : model'? Your : > terminology is confusing me and I'm not sure what you are trying to do or : about : > what your think you have done. : >

: > David Janes : : Hi David, : : Whenever a Pro/ENGINEER user performs a File-Save A Copy(or File-Save As in : some earlier versions of Pro) on a Family Table instance model, the : resulting copied model is a stand-alone part file. Meaning it isn't part of : a Family Table. In the particular case of mine, the surface quilt feature : was added to the generic model. Then its color was set to a color that : differed from the solid part model geometry itself. Okay. An instance of : this generic was retrieved and a File-Save A Copy operation was performed. : When the resulting stand-alone part file was retrieved, the surface quilt : feature had reverted back to its original color which matched the solid part : model's color. This behavior shouldn't be taking place. At least I don't : think so. : : Hope this helps to clarify what is happening for you David. : The problem is this: what is controlled by the generic, what is controlled by the instance. In my experience with Family Tables, which is the foundation for the 'Save As', what isn't referenced by the instance is governed by the generic. So, if the generic didn't change color, the instance won't change color. Unless you've found a way to reference color in the table *as a parameter*. Maybe you can. Then 'Save As' would save this parameter and its value, differing from the generic, to the stand alone file. But, not otherwise. Find out how to add color to the table and you got it licked.

David Janes

Reply to
David Janes