Re: Viewer

We set up a system to create PDF files for all our Pro/E drawings. That works great since just about anyone can view a PDF.

To do that, you need to print using the postscript driver to a file, then send that file to Acrobat Distiller. Our IS people set up some scripts that run automatically to do this and then place the PDF's in a Lotus Notes database, but you could just store them in a directory.

Don't try using the MS print manager and then picking the PDF writer. That would be more direct, but it creates a PDF that does not look right.

We also used Pro/Batch to create all the postscript print files to populate the database in the beginning.

Hi, > > We need to view and print Pro/Engineer drawings on the shop floor. > > Is there software available that would allow viewing and printing of > drawings? Something like Myriad would be nice, but that won't work for us. > We don't mind spending money to get what we need, but buying more licenses > for Pro/Engineer just doesn't make sense on the shop floor. We are not > interested in viewing in 3D. > > Thanks, Bob > >
Reply to
Mark Gilpatric

Mark, Regarding printing through MS print manager to Adobe PDF, try changing the resolution of 'printer' to 600 from default to eliminate 'spikey' text (those weird M's and W's) Regards, Peter Brown

Reply to
Pete

There is a program called Print-It.

Zeta