Pro/E to PDF

What is the least complicated and cheapest (preferably free) to convert Pro/E files to .pdf? I am using Wildfire 2.0

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Jason L

I run Pro/E on Windows XP. This is not free, but it's cheap, and it works well. It can create full size PDFs (d-size, e-size, etc.). It lets you create PDF files from any Windows application. It sets itself up as a new printer. So all you have to do is go to print and select it.

Dave Ignaczak

there is this too... same deal creates a pdf printer works on all windows apps.... it is free... there is cutepdf also ... but I think it throws a liitle ad on it

cad/cam/guy

some of the above are front ends to Ghostscript, a GPL/AFPL licensed utility to convert postscript files to PDF. But you can achieve most of what the above supply with GS alone available at
The main thing to realize about all of these is that no 'Save as..' format exists for doing this conversion (I believe that's universally true, not just for Pro/e). They are all some variety of 'printing to file' as postscript output, then converting this to the PDF. Even Adobe Distiller does no more.

Reply to
David Janes

Hi,

Am Fri, 15 Jul 2005 10:37:34 -0400 schrieb Jason L:

FreePDF:

Rene

Reply to
René Töpfer

Ghostscript. I have it running in command line mode all the time on a print server. I created a postscript printer using the Adobe Distiller .ppd file and each of my users just prints from Proe-E, using the printer named "PDF" and then points to the watched folder on the print server (Named "In"). The completed .pdf ends up in a folder named "Out". Pretty well idiot proof.

Mark

Reply to
Mark

Does any of these pdf writers correctly create details when the detail has an OLE object in it? Distilling directly from ProE does not. I have to print to file a postscript file using a postscript printer driver (an HP printer driver that supports postscipt, for example). Then I have to send this postscript file to the distiller. I think it has something to do with ProE uses a generic postscript driver, which doesn't recognize OLE objects, when it creates the postscript file to send directly to the distiller.

Thanks,

Kirk

Mark wrote:

Reply to