OLE pdf files

I am trying to insert a pdf document into a drawing. The pdf has two sheets but when inserted it only shows the first sheet. Is there a way to show additional sheets? I am using Wildfire 2.0. Thanks in advance.

Jason

Reply to
Jason L ©

When I insert a pdf it doesn't even display all the time. I only see it when I mouse over and then it only flashes me the pdf. I can double click it and it opens but I don't see any options to change. I found nothing in the tech support data base either. Dave

Reply to
Dave Ignaczak

OLE in Wildfire has to be the lamest thing going. :twisted: To mak it so you can even see an OLE object 99% of the time you need t change the background to white and the lines to black. They resiz funny and don't always look and act right. They don't like havin multiple sheets of anything. If you can insert and see 1 PDF, then recommend that you make 2 separate PDF's (i.e. 2 separate files) an then load them in to the corresponding drawing sheets

Good luck, Glenn |B

Reply to
GWDavis28

Thanks...that is probably what I will do. I don't have the problem however, not being able to see the OLE objects, but they do flicker a bit when navigating around the drawing, like zooming in and out for example. Yeah, it is pretty lame. I hate the way it automatically sizes everything, so you have to end up stretching your object by eye to get it to near the same proportions it was. Well, I am at least grateful that it does have some functionality because it now saves me a ton of time creating pages for our purchased parts book, where I don't have to redraw every vendors part or cut and paste pdf catalog pages into Excel.

"GWDavis28" wrote in message news:6MKdnRiLb6b3HILeRVn snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com...

Reply to
Jason L ©

Would it help you in this case to use a tool like my company's pdf2cad software to convert your PDF files to DXF file format for scalable and editable import into your drawing?

Our pdf2vector suite does this as well, and also converts to WMF for scalable and editable import into Excel.

More info at

if interested.

Jeroen Dekker snipped-for-privacy@pdf2cad.com

Reply to