can SW 2K4 input automatically Part # or Drawing filename into a multiple sheet drawing?

Greetings:

I have an assembly consist of two sub-assembly and two parts. I would like to create a drawing with multiple sheet, one for the entire ass'y with BOM, one for each individual sub-ass'y and part. For instance the entire ass'y filename is EA, SA1 (sub-ass'y 1), SA2 (sub-ass'y 2), P1 (part 1), P2 (part 2). First I create a drawing using A landscape SW template, sub-sequently I add 4 additional sheet to this drawing. Each of additional sheet will bear the filename EA where it shows "DWG NO". Is there a way, to make SW input automatically the actual parts or sub-ass'y name in the actual sheet instead of the entire ass'y e.g, Sheet 1 - EA, Sheet 2 - SA1, Sheet 3 - SA2 etc.

Thanks in advance for your time and help.

Reply to
John

$PRPSHEET:"SW-File Name" Put this in the note you want on your template and it will update with the name of the drawing in first view you add to the sheet.

Corey

Reply to
Corey Scheich

I'm not sure I know what I'm talking about here, but I thought that the titleblock looked at the file properties of the assembly/part in the first drawing view on each page. So if you inserted the EA (entire assembly) first on each sheet, then that's what the titleblock would be referencing...I think?

Ken

Reply to
TinMan