API: SaveAs4, how to save every sheet on separate PDF file?

Hi,
SaveAs4 (like SW as well) saves all drawing sheets into one file, but
is there a way to have separate pdf files for every sheet?
regards
Markku
Reply to
Markku Lehtola
I'm not sure you can do it with the SaveAs4. You may need to use PrintOut2 instead.
Matt
Markku Lehtola wrote:
Reply to
fcsuper
Markku,
Sorry, I am used to having Adobe Acrobat Professional installed on my computer. With it, PDF Printer is an option as a printer. If you have Acrobat Professional installed, PrintOut2 would allow you to do what you ask. With that said, I highly recommend getting Acrobat Professional. :)
I'm sorry I do not know a solution using SaveAs4.
Matt
Markku Lehtola wrote:
Reply to
fcsuper
Ok, getting somewhere with this one:
install GhostScript create .prn with ps printer driver translate prn to pdf like this:
Sub main()
Dim gspath As String Dim inputfile As String Dim outputfile As String Dim retval As Boolean Dim wholecommand As String
gspath = "C:\Program Files\gs\gs8.51\bin\gswin32c.exe" inputfile = "c:\temp\_pdfkoe\test 2.prn" outputfile = "c:\temp\_pdfkoe\test 2.pdf"
wholecommand = gspath & Chr(32) & "-sDEVICE#pdfwrite -dNOPAUSE -dQUIET -dBATCH -sOutputFile#" & Chr(34) & outputfile & Chr(34) & Chr(32) & Chr(34) & inputfile & Chr(34)
retval = Shell(wholecommand)
End Sub
--------------
It's amazing how difficult PDF stuff is sometimes for SW and how easy it's to use free tools like GhostScript...
Reply to
Markku Lehtola
Mark, there's also an inexpensive program you can buy called Win2Pdf. It's a print driver that uses the windows print dialog to print desired pages.
Tony
Reply to
Tony
Printing should be done background without any dialogs etc. Got also this information:
If you are using 2007 sp1, "modeldoc2.saveas4" has been replaced with "modeldocext.saveas". This has options for exporting pdf files sheet by sheet.
Reply to
Markku Lehtola

Site Timeline