Single sheet to multi sheet

Currently I have 30+ drawing files. I am looking for a way to combine them into one Multi Sheet drawing file. Is there an easy way to do this in Solidworks?

Reply to
Oneball

Oneball wrote in news:1191940123.080705.262160 @y42g2000hsy.googlegroups.com:

Copy & paste draving views is the best you can do. I find selecting them from the tree is the easiest. I don't remember copy & paste of whole sheets being implemented in 2008, but I could be wrong (I'm working in 2007).

Reply to
Dale Dunn

I recall that this is available as a new feature of 2008.

Reply to
Steve Reinisch

2008 will allow you to copy complete sheets and works great. Anything earlier and you have to do it by views. Like Dale said it is easier to copy the views using the feature manager and selecting all on the sheet.

Oneball

You do realize, of course, that 30 sheets in a SW drawing will probably either croak, or make you croak. Every time you rebuild the model, it has to rebuild all 30 sheets. Not a good idea in my mind.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

What are your reasons for doing this?

Reply to
That70sTick

Hi

I pdf all my drawings and use the pdf as my released document. I have Adobe so then I combine all the sheets I require into one pdf file so I can print a complete job with one mouse click, I would hate to work any other way.

Steve.

Reply to
solid steve

Reply to
jholl

Or select all pdfs and right click...combin files...

"jholl" : snipped-for-privacy@g4g2000hsf.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
lele

I'm with ya Wayne...My very first mistake in SWx 96 when I switched from ACAD2000 was I thought, "wow - this is cool....I can save all the drawings for an entire project in one drawing file as multiple sheets!" Big mistake that I never have repeated. When I got to about 15 sheets I was wondering why I was having performance issues with my Gateway Pentium II. 450mhz (which was all you needed to run SWx then) At least it was easier to break a multi sheet dwg into 15 separate sheets using "save as" and deleting the other sheets than what the OP is trying to do. BTW, another reason not to do this is why put all your eggs in one basket? If the file gets corrupted/screwed up you lose all 30 drawings vs. just one....

IYM

Reply to
<IYM>

We scan our prints to tif files (or publish edrawings) for our shop to use. Multipage prints are dogs even on a fast machine with lots of memory.

One other way to link all the prints together would be to insert hyperlinks to those prints on a main print.

Diego

Reply to
Diego

Or forget the expensive stuff and create/combine pdf's with free tools (FreeDist + GhostScript) :-)

Reply to
Markku Lehtola