Pro-e to AutoCAD Conversion

Hi all,

I am using pro-e 2001 and i am facing some scaling problems when i convert a pro-e drawing file into AutoCAD file is there any better way to convert pro-e drawings (2D) to AutoCAD without loss of information. Thanks & Regards Sheshadri N

Reply to
shesh

Hello sir,

Read below please,

shesh wrote:

Hmmm... Its convert data capability is a little more limited although not bad. Consider migrating to Wildfire.

What kind of scaling problems? Polygonal, solid or curve?

Sincerely,

Andr=E9 Luiz

Reply to
AndreLTR

Shesh, If I export DXF from Pro/E 2001, it can be imported into AutoCAD without any scaling problems. I can't think of any special export settings. Dave

Reply to
Dave Ignaczak

I have not used 2001 in quite some time, but I think if you "save a copy as..." and choose ACAD, it makes a scaled drawing. That said, the objects themselves are not going to be 1:1 but whatever scale the drawing is, i.e. ProE uses a 1:1 page size (11 x 17, 22 x 34) and fits the views to the drawing.

-- Doug Eicher Global/SFC Valve Corp deicherATglobalsfcDOTcom

Reply to
Doug Eicher

The problem that I've heard about is that DXF does not communicate scale information with the vector geometry. So, your drawing has to be at 100% scale in Pro/e to get across to AutoCAD at 100%. The other thing that may not go across is the UM (Unit of Measure). They better be the same from Pro/e to ACAD. And it probably wouldn't hurt if your ACAD format matched your 100% scale Pro/e format. I know this question has been asked and answered here before, but I couldn't find it in the archives. I think the above is pretty close, though.

Reply to
David Janes

Dear all,

thank u for your valuable time in replying to my message,

I am using Pro-e 2001 and AutoCAD 2000.

1) My company is not in a position to migrate to WildFire as it involves a lot of expense.

2) Converting to DXF is one of the method. Earlier what i was doing was open the drawing in pro-e then give save as --> then opt for AutoCAD format i.e. .dwg format. The problem what i am facing was when i import the drawing in AutoCAD using any one of the above ways the drawing will be 1:1 in the scale that it has been imported. i.e if 2 holes are seperated by a distance of 75 mm in pro-e in auto CAD it will be 1.47 mm.

3) IF i use scale command then there wont be accurate scaling. At least i need a autoCAD drawing which is accurate upto first decimal digit if not second.

Please do mail me in detail if there is any way

awaiting for the earliest response

Thanks & Regards

SHESHADRI N

Reply to
shesh

Just a thought ... that comes out suspiciously close to 2x a mm to inch conversion. Are you sure about the units settings in Acad? It would be handy to have a drw you've exported and the import dwg to ponder over if you have a simple example you can let go public.

Reply to
Jeff Howard

Ya thats a good idea i vil et in touch back with a drawing which i can let go public

Reply to
shesh