Pro/E to SolidWorks Conversion

Hi All,

I have a large Pro/E Wildfire 2.0 model that I want to convert to SolidWorks v2007. When opening the model in SolidWorks, the SolidWorks converter complains that it can't handle Pro/E assembly files that use version 25 of the Pro/E assembly format. Does anyone know of a good path to convert the Pro/E model? I've tried a few paths, but the mate information is consistently lost.

Thanks,

Jim

Reply to
jab

Okino do translaters Polytrans is one that springs to mind

Nev Williams

Can you open up the version 25 assembly in a new Pro/E version and save it to the current Wildfire version of Pro/E? Then it will x-fer over to SW just fine.

Reply to
scottaw

Pro/E files since V20 are encrypted so SW can no longer read them. Pro/E V25 IS Wildfire2.

Try doing a save-as to STEP and importing that into SW.

Reply to
Ben Loosli

Ben,

Yeah, they encrypted the format at around v20 but you and everyone using SW (2006-2007) can import and export Pro/e R17-Wildfire 2 (files and assemblies, I don't believe WF3 files are supported and I have not tested). Otherwise, most every part I've designed in Pro/e (R12-Wildfire 2) can be imported as a BREP or Surface rep. On simple parts, planes/sketches/features can be read in but it's painful, imho, but useful when you need the sketch/feature to manipulate but,.. it does not always work well.

And, for the original question,.. the v25 files should import fine and you never could import assembly mate information.

..

Reply to
Paul Salvador

In my experience so far newer Pro/E files do not import, not even when unencrypted.

Mark B.

Reply to
mark Bannister

'newer' files are Wildfire 3.

no idea what that means. exported neutral?

Reply to
nnmmll

Newer, wildfire 3. Unencrypted- third party decryption is available. Mark B.

Reply to
mark Bannister

decryption or translation? Name?

Reply to
nnmmll

Decryption, Delcam PS-Exchange. Translation as well. Fee based per usage.

Reply to
mark Bannister

they still have some debugging to do? other theories?

Reply to
nnmmll

The only other options I found last year was buying a view/exporter with a Granite license. Most cases it turned out cheaper to buy a seat of pro/e. The latest files we brought in from Wildfire 3 were via step and iges. The files came in horribly. I don't know what the issue was but we spent hours repairing them.

Mark B.

Reply to
mark Bannister

Maybe hook sources up with

This is very basic checklist but for most purposes a very basic checklist is all that's necessary.

Solids are what you want. Verify that's what was exported. No shrinkwraps. No Geom Chks, at very least none that affect model topology in exported state. Clear all tick boxes except Solid for export. They might not use absolute accuracy but should check the export for minimum resolution and verify it is not larger than 1e-3 to 1e-2 mm. Resolution is written in their export log and in the neutral file.

HTH

Reply to
nnmmll