Pro/E to SolidWorks Conversion

Hi All,
I have a large Pro/E Wildfire 2.0 model that I want to convert to SolidWorks v2007. When opening the model in SolidWorks, the
SolidWorks converter complains that it can't handle Pro/E assembly files that use version 25 of the Pro/E assembly format. Does anyone know of a good path to convert the Pro/E model? I've tried a few paths, but the mate information is consistently lost.
Thanks,
Jim
Okino do translaters Polytrans is one that springs to mind http://www.okino.com/conv/imp_granite.htm
--
Neville Williams
Z-Axis Design - NZ
On Feb 15, 12:56 pm, snipped-for-privacy@energid.com wrote:

Can you open up the version 25 assembly in a new Pro/E version and save it to the current Wildfire version of Pro/E? Then it will x-fer over to SW just fine.

Pro/E files since V20 are encrypted so SW can no longer read them. Pro/E V25 IS Wildfire2.
Try doing a save-as to STEP and importing that into SW.
--
Ben

Ben,
Yeah, they encrypted the format at around v20 but you and everyone using SW (2006-2007) can import and export Pro/e R17-Wildfire 2 (files and assemblies, I don't believe WF3 files are supported and I have not tested). Otherwise, most every part I've designed in Pro/e (R12-Wildfire 2) can be imported as a BREP or Surface rep. On simple parts, planes/sketches/features can be read in but it's painful, imho, but useful when you need the sketch/feature to manipulate but,.. it does not always work well.
And, for the original question,.. the v25 files should import fine and you never could import assembly mate information.
..

Paul Salvador wrote:

In my experience so far newer Pro/E files do not import, not even when unencrypted.
Mark B.

'newer' files are Wildfire 3.

no idea what that means. exported neutral?
nnmmll wrote:

Newer, wildfire 3. Unencrypted- third party decryption is available. Mark B.

decryption or translation? Name?
nnmmll wrote:

Decryption, Delcam PS-Exchange. Translation as well. Fee based per usage.

they still have some debugging to do? other theories?
nnmmll wrote:

The only other options I found last year was buying a view/exporter with a Granite license. Most cases it turned out cheaper to buy a seat of pro/e. The latest files we brought in from Wildfire 3 were via step and iges. The files came in horribly. I don't know what the issue was but we spent hours repairing them.
Mark B.

Maybe hook sources up with http://www.prostep.org/en/services/bp/cadkombi/proengineersolidworks.htm
This is very basic checklist but for most purposes a very basic checklist is all that's necessary.
Solids are what you want. Verify that's what was exported. No shrinkwraps. No Geom Chks, at very least none that affect model topology in exported state. Clear all tick boxes except Solid for export. They might not use absolute accuracy but should check the export for minimum resolution and verify it is not larger than 1e-3 to 1e-2 mm. Resolution is written in their export log and in the neutral file.
HTH