Does anyone have advice on how to convert SolidWorks files to Pro/E with modeltree?

Does anyone have advice on how to convert SolidWorks files to Pro/E with modeltree?

Reply to
prasad

Does anyone have advice on how to convert SolidWorks files to Pro/E with modeltree?

Can SW export to a Neutral file (.neu)? This might work to capture the feature history data. I haven't done it so I don't have a lot of confidence in it. Other than finding an intermediary format that each can import/export to, there are translators you can buy that claim to be able to do this. Okino has one that'd be worth checking out.

It's a constant problem, let us know if you find a solution.

David Janes

Reply to
David Janes

The only method is to use a custom converted that basically decomposes the elements of the SolidWorks model and then rebuilds them in Pro/E.

Therom Solutions has one. There are a few others who offer this service. It isn't cheap and doesn't work well on complex shapes.

It may be easier cheaper and faster to just remodel the part in Pro/E.

Reply to
Ben Loosli

Good idea. I tend to rebuild everything. I used to redefine the part, fill or the gaps, make it to solid, may cost some time. If there are too many broken surfaces, I will redraw the part according to the existent surface. Practice more will lead to understand Pro/E well, accelerate the rebuild speed.

Reply to
Leo

I always use Pro/E for tooling design, but most of my clients have no interesting to offer taper in the parts before they send out IGS for me. I used to fill all the gaps and make it to solid then "replace" the round, so I could add taper to the ribs or something like that, well, if I could not "replace" it, I will tend to "protrusion" and recover it, just do whatever to remove the R. It mostly cost me more time.

So, if you guys have experience in it? If there is any good way that I can remove the R in IGS surface and fill the gap (Original redefine the import feature)? Any hint?

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Leo