Translation problems with PRO/E

We are looking to translate file between Pro Engineering and SolidWorks Version 2001 Plus to communicate with a new client. In receiving files, from
this client, in Pro/E format, SolidWorks would recongize them as long as the proper add-on were activated. But in the translation, we received a message stating the files were "encrypted". It directed us to download software called PS-Exchange from Delcam.com. In using the software to decrypt the Pro/E file, you are required to pay a fee to Delcam for a voucher to use the software. It is not a one time fee, but a fee for each decryption. Our client insists that they did not activate an "encryption" option. Has anyone ever encounter this problem? Does Pro/E encrypt file without the user being able to change it? Is there a cost free way around this? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.
Yep, ever since ProE 2001, ProE has encrypted their files. This is not an option. It was the sole decision of PTC to do such in order to limit ProE's compatibility with other 3rd party programs.
SWX had a decrypter of their own at one time, but it was yanked due to legal pressure from PTC.
--
Arlin
(remove '351' from email to reply)

from
the
message
the
anyone
being
If you can live with a different file type, then you can do it. And to ease the trouble of having them Pro/E folks "saveas" something else, you can install PTC's FREE, darn I say, CAD package, called Pro/Desktop Express. They have a FREE one available on their website ( http://www.ptc.com/appserver/it/icm/cda/icm01_list.jsp?group 1&num=1&show=y&keyword55 ) that can save if several formats that SW will read in with little or no problem....
Case anybody wondered...
Mr. Pickles