Comverting Pro-E Files

Hello,
We have a customer that uses Wildfire. Since I am not very familiar
with it I was wondering if Solidworks can convert this type of file? Also,
can it pull the drawing files out as well. We need both the solid models
and the drawing files. If Solidworks cant do it, does anyone know if there
is there a 3d party add-on? Thanks for any and all help.
Mike Lambert
Reply to
Mike Lambert
Oops, I meant, "Converting Pro-E Files"
Reply to
Mike Lambert
SW help says that SW2005 cannot import Pro-E Wildfire files, but that it can import previous versions. I could have sworn that the SW dude at our roll-out in July said that Wildfire would be supported in the current release-but I must have been mistaken..........
jk
Reply to
jk
Look at a professional version of e-drawings.
is a version which will read ProE files, but I'm not sure if it would save out SW files.
Keith
Reply to
Keith Streich
Import/Export CADKEY CADKEY version 21 multibody part files (*.ckd) can now be imported into SolidWorks.
Pro/Engineer The SolidWorks software supports the import of Pro/Engineer Wildfire 1 and 2 geometry.
This according to the release notes that came with SW 2005 SP 0.1
Ken Maren
jk is correct the help still says that it cannot import Wildfire files. It's my guess that it can and someone messed up and didn't update the help file. I did put in the new help files when I updated to SP 0.1. So it's not me.
Reply to
kmaren24
Ok, but can it convert the assembly and drawing files as well?
Reply to
Mike Lambert
Mike,
Yes to assemblies, no to drawings.
JP
Reply to
John Picinich
I had pretty good luck with Wildfire 1 & 2 parts files bot not a single assembly worked HTH (2005 SP0)
Reply to
Erico