converting Pro/E to MicroStation w/o Smart Solids

hello everybody,
I am looking for a method of translation Pro/E models to MicroStation with specific restriction/requirement -> converted model should not use
objet type Smart Solids. This is due to the integration of this translated MicroStation Models in to the Intergraph SmartPlant Review, which does not support/display this kind of objects. Any ideas, workarounds (e.g. replacing Smart Solids with other objects)?
thanks
xajas
: hello everybody, : : I am looking for a method of translation Pro/E models to MicroStation : with specific restriction/requirement -> converted model should not use : objet type Smart Solids. This is due to the integration of this : translated MicroStation Models in to the Intergraph SmartPlant Review, : which does not support/display this kind of objects. Any ideas, : workarounds (e.g. replacing Smart Solids with other objects)? : Here's the problem, xajas. Smart Solids, Smart Objects, Smart Profiles, and Smart Shapes are trade marks and property of Think3 Systems, not of Pro/ENGINEER and PTC. The conversion that you speak of, and "restriction/requirements" have nothing to do with this NG and the software this NG is set up to discuss, namely, Pro/ENGINEER. .............. Google Think3, you may get some satisfaction.
David Janes

I will try. thanks anyway,
xajas
Ooops, sorry, I was wrong. Pro/e does have some kind of Parasolid conversion. All you emphasis on Smart Solids threw me off. But it is version dependent, wasn't activated until Wildfire or possibly 2001. What version do you have?
David Janes
Hello David
I hope this is not off-topic but is there a possibilty to import a parasolid file (file extension x_t, originated from UG) directly into Pro/E 2001 or wildfire?
Kind regards
Barbarpapa1

conversion. All

wasn't
: Hello David : : I hope this is not off-topic but is there a possibilty to import a parasolid : file (file extension x_t, originated from UG) directly into Pro/E 2001 or : wildfire? : Yes, I just did it in Wildfire to confirm my answer to the previous post. To export to Parasolid (UG, SW), you must edit config.pro to contain the option ENABLE_PARASOLID_EXPORT and set the value to yes. I'm not sure if this is necessary for import via 'Insert>Shared data>From file'. Alternatively, you may even be able to open it directly with 'File>Open'. In any case, Pro/e uses it as a dumb solid, such as you get when importing iges or step data. I could build features on it but was unable to modify through 'Edit>Definition'.
David Janes
Hello David
Thank You for Your answer, it was really helpfull. After adding the line You mentioned to config.pro I was able to open and parasolid assembly consisted from approx 50 parts without any problems. I'll do some changes on parts and send them to my partner, who is working with UG18. I'll see then if this kind of communication will be succesfull.
Thanks a lot...
Barbarpapa1

parasolid
or