converting Pro/E to MicroStation w/o Smart Solids

hello everybody,

I am looking for a method of translation Pro/E models to MicroStation with specific restriction/requirement -> converted model should not use objet type Smart Solids. This is due to the integration of this translated MicroStation Models in to the Intergraph SmartPlant Review, which does not support/display this kind of objects. Any ideas, workarounds (e.g. replacing Smart Solids with other objects)?

thanks

xajas

Reply to
xajas

David Janes

Reply to
David Janes

I will try. thanks anyway,

xajas

Reply to
xajas

Ooops, sorry, I was wrong. Pro/e does have some kind of Parasolid conversion. All you emphasis on Smart Solids threw me off. But it is version dependent, wasn't activated until Wildfire or possibly 2001. What version do you have?

David Janes

Reply to
David Janes

Hello David

I hope this is not off-topic but is there a possibilty to import a parasolid file (file extension x_t, originated from UG) directly into Pro/E 2001 or wildfire?

Kind regards

Barbarpapa1

Reply to
Barbarpapa1

David Janes

Reply to
David Janes

Hello David

Thank You for Your answer, it was really helpfull. After adding the line You mentioned to config.pro I was able to open and parasolid assembly consisted from approx 50 parts without any problems. I'll do some changes on parts and send them to my partner, who is working with UG18. I'll see then if this kind of communication will be succesfull.

Thanks a lot...

Barbarpapa1

Reply to
Barbarpapa1