Axial fan blade

Hi folks, did someone of you ever design an axial fan blade. My problem is that i can only sweep alone a line, but this does not help me in that special case. The blade should get thinner towards the OD and the stagger angle should get smaller. I want to use an air foil profile from a data base in .iges format. Mit freundlichem Gruß / kind regards Dr.-Ing. Haiko Adolf Siemens AG Deutschland

Reply to
Haiko Adolf

Do you mean that the section is progresively smaller (but with the same proportions), and you add a torsion in the profile ??

If this is the case, probably you can make a blend (I can not remember but there is an option for doing not parallel sections)

"Haiko Adolf" escribió en el mensaje news:bq7id4$6lq$ snipped-for-privacy@news.fth.sbs.de...

Reply to
pitosYflautas

: If this is the case, probably you can make a blend (I can not remember but : there is an option for doing not parallel sections) : I agree with using a blend. Copy the iges section with 'use edge' for the first blend section. Save this as a .sec file. Reuse this saved section for the second section ('Sketch>Data from File'). It is placed with drag, scale and rotate handles so that you can position it anyway you want. If you wish the trajectory curved, do a smooth blend, three sections, placing them in relation to each other to achieve a curved leading edge. I think this is what pitosYflautas referred to when he mentioned the rotational blend (vs. the usual parallel blend) which can also achieve the curved leading edge.

David Janes : : : "Haiko Adolf" escribió en el mensaje : news:bq7id4$6lq$ snipped-for-privacy@news.fth.sbs.de... : > Hi folks, : > did someone of you ever design an axial fan blade. : > My problem is that i can only sweep alone a line, but : > this does not help me in that special case. : > The blade should get thinner towards the OD : > and the stagger angle should get smaller. : > I want to use an air foil profile from a data base in .iges : > format. : > Mit freundlichem Gruß / kind regards : > Dr.-Ing. Haiko Adolf : > Siemens AG : > Deutschland : >

: >

: :

Reply to
David Janes

Hello to all

Quite some time ago I designed a double curved axial fan blade for a fan of an small home appliance. I used surfaces created from boundary curves (One surface for convex party of the blade, second for concave part of blade and one for closing the top at the outer dimension). With good referencing (datums on the fly) I was able to do circular pattern.

This small fan is still in production (It's made from PA66 GF30).

And yes it was done in Pro/E version 17.

Good luck.

Barbarpapa1

Reply to
Barbarpapa1

Hi Haiko,

we used profiles calculated for several radii that we connected afterwards using the blend function. In our case inlet and outlet angle changed over the radius and I believe the center length ("Sehne") also was not constant. The rotor looked quite funky (to us anyway) and that particular design did not work ... but that was a design issue and not a pro/e problem. The blend feature worked like a charme. Tom

Haiko Adolf schrieb:

Reply to
Dammerl