Pro/E ?

We are considering purchasing Pro/E with foundation pack II. Will this give us capabilities to do interference checking. We manufacture large portable rock crushing equipment. Most of it is structural steel and flat sheet kind of stuff (Hoppers and conveyor skirt boards) What other add-ons might we consider looking at or will foundation II pack give us all we need?

Brian

Reply to
TrailShredder

You might consider the Mechanism Design package which can give motion to otherwise static assemblies and thus allow range of motion studies with global interference checking, highlighting areas while moving where parts interfere. Mechanica builds on this to show stresses. I'm not sure how much of either is included in Foundation II so you'd best check with PTC sales or a VAR.

David Janes

Reply to
David Janes