SolidWorks drawings to Microstation

Microstation V8 has been our primary drawing tool for years and, because of workload and legacy issues we need to save some SWX drawing files as DWG format so that we can then open them in Microstation and further convert them to the native Microstation .DGN files. Our assemblies are relatively large and, in Microstation we need to have various elements on separate layers (levels) so that we can improve visibility by switching them off or on and we?ve set up our levels in SolidWorks drawings so that they have similar characteristics. The trouble is, these layers don?t survive the transition from one file format to another. By the time we get our drawings into native Microstation format, all of the expected settings and formatting has been lost.

Does anyone know of a work-around as re attributing layers represents a huge amount of work.

Thanks

Thats excellent. It looks as if this might do the trick.

Thanks