Re: CAD / Microstation help

Save Microstation drawing in DXF format and open the file in AutoCAD (use file type DXF-format). Succes. For more information mail to snipped-for-privacy@planet.nl
Jan Kaas (TCA-training)

I have been sent a few trial drawings in Microstation format, I dont have any Microstation software, only AutoCAD 2002 to open them with. The client wishes to send 500+ drawings once I am happy I can convert them from Microstation, into AutoCAD so I can use them in my designs. I cant therefore open the Microstation drawings in order to save them into DXF! hence the conversion software required. Best Regards Lee
Lee Davison wrote:

MicroStation can save the drawings in DWG format.

Can you talk them into using a batch/script to open the 500 design files and save them into dwg?

Good luck.
--
Bill Cochell (lose the _TUDE_ to reply directly)

"The man who is a pessimist before forty-eight knows too much;
I heard that AutoCAD users could buy uSTM V8 for about $800 (some promo deal?). If you have 500 drawings that's what?, a buck sixty per drawing? Sounds like a reasonable project expense to me ;-)

therefore
I would ask them to convert them bvefore sending them. They can do this by a batch program.
If they are using MSV7.* save the following onto your desktop into a txt file.
CD .. CD C:\BENTLEY\PROGRAM\MICROSTATION\ MSBATCH DWGIN INPUT:C:\[path to dgn files]\*.DWG OUTDGN:C:\[path to dgn files]\ CREATEDGN
(ps the msbatch line needs to be all on one line.)
Now change file name to dgn2dwg.bat ie changing the extension.
When you double click on the file it will change all files in the dgn directory into dwg files into the output directory.
If they are using V8 then they can use the Batch Converter from inside MS.
Damon Ex MS User till about 3 weeks ago.

have
client
Not very helpful im afraid.
HA ha good one