RE: Acad Conversion 2000 ----> Acad 14 ?

I'm in big trouble & hope someone can bail me out. I have been busy with a few architectural projects and the company which employed me has closed it's doors. We used to work on Acad 2000 but the folks where I have temp. work are still on Acad 14. All my details which I've generated over the years and the few projects which I'm busy with won't open on their machines. Is there a conversion routine to convert 2000 -----> 14 ?

Thanks for any help you may be able to offer ... first one gets a six pack.

Please remove REMOVE.THIS from the address or ...

bprother@intekom co za ( two dots either side of co )

Reply to
Bernard Rother

Extract from my Links Page.....

A Stand-alone Freeware AutoCAD File Converter from Version 2000 to any other version of AutoCAD. Courtesy of Michael John Smyth of The Drafting Shop.

Alan (Cadalot)

Cadalot

Easiest way (but time consuming for a large number of drawings) is to open the drawing, do a Save As... then under "Files of type" scroll down to "AutoCAD R14/LT98/LT97 Drawing (*.dwg)". This saves the file in R14 format.

Relz

Reply to
Relz

tut tut tut taking without any permissions is stealing where is your professionnal conscience

ouf

Regards and without any prejudice be carefull

Robert

Reply to
Robert

-Open file in ACAD 2000

-click File => Save As...

-SELECT "Files of type: Auto CAD R14/LT98/lt97 DXF (*.dxf)"

Bernard Rother pravi:

Reply to
Tomba

Hi Robert,

Sorry for being late with a reply but my machine fell over last Thursday. Been running continuously since Win95 came out ( apart from the usual crashes of course ) reformatted, installed etc ... but that's another story.

Maybe you misread my post the other day. The guys I / we were working for decided to close doors and pursue other interests. We were not "taking without permission" anything. They just upped and left ... maybe the taxman was after them, we don't know. Some of the work was half completed and without a compatible Autocad we were not able to finish work or use any of the symbols / details we had built up. The office equipment would have more than likely been sold to offset any debts or whatever and all the cad stuff wiped off by the new owner. At least we are still working with a clear conscience and at no loss to anyone else.

Hope this shed a bit more light on the issue.

..and thanks to all you guys who emailed us with the conversion programs, they were really appreciated .... clients are not really interested in our problems and I'm sure we have all "gone cold" at some stage when we have deadlines and are unable to open drawings.

Regards

Reply to
Bernard Rother