Does x-reference work in ACAD?

Hello.
I'm using BricsCad (Intellicad) and am having a very bad time with
x-reference drawings. The program forgets linetypes and sometimes color.
Should I bite the bullet and shell out for ACAD?
VM
Reply to
Vaughn McIlrath
Why not? Autocad handles X-refs very well.
Jan
"Vaughn McIlrath" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com...
Reply to
JP
The price.
More details in longhand, please. Do you know about the VISRETAIN system variable?
Reply to
Michael Bulatovich
It has problems with xrefs? That is surprising, I had some limited use with Intellicad and didn't notice that. Does Intellicad have a "visretain" variable and if so are you using it? In acad, this variable controls whether changes to layer settings in an xref are remembered the next time the parent drawing is opened.
LT
Reply to
Larry Travis
Yes it does.
Reply to
Michael Bulatovich
Yes. BricsCad has visretain. I'm studying what it does right now. Here's a great resource, for anyone unfamiliar:
VM
Michael Bulatovich wrote:
Reply to
Vaughn McIlrath
After going through the tutorial, it seems that visretain has no effect in BricsCad, in the current release. VM
Vaughn McIlrath wrote:
Reply to
Vaughn McIlrath