coloring areas in a 2d drawing

I would like to color various areas in a 2d landscape drawing in different colors. I seem to only be able to find information about changing line colors. Other
information seems to be about 3d models and i don't seem to be able to apply it to a 2d surface. is there a way to color various areas in different clours in a 2d drawing thanks leon
--
modulation in all things

ACAD is not really intended as a 'rendering' application, especially in 2D. Depending on your printer, you might be able to get something with some very clever and extensive hatching, but I'd suggest picking up another application which can accept vectors from acad but is designed as a graphics program, like CorelDraw e.g., especially if you're going to do this frequently. (You've only got 255 colors in acad, 200 of them crappy.)
Even if you'll only do it once in a while, you could pick up Corel Essentials for under $200 and, using HPGL plt files, you can get vectors into that with a little extra work, and you'll get their bitmap editor as well.
--

MichaelB
www.michaelbulatovich.com

different
On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 08:28:21 -0500, "Larry Travis"

Autocad 2005 added gradient fills for hatching which is nice, still not the same as a presentation package, but better.
-TIm

Many thanks for your suggestions I was very suprised that i could easily colour areas, as i had bought a cheap colour plotter thanks again leon
--
modulation in all things