2d drawing with architectural desktop 3.3?

Can anyone out there tell me if architectural desktop comes with 2d
symbols? I would like to know if you can insert windows and doors with
wall breaks, automatic offsets, etc. with 2d blocks only. Or maybe
there is a feature that will allow you to automatically choose either a
2d or 3d drawing setup?
Thanks in advance.
Geo.
Reply to
KG
In the design content.. there are folders listed with 2d content
Reply to
sw
No but there is a lispfile that removes all the 3d parts of a drawing - Autozero its called. You run it from the menubar. Otherwise just select everything in the drawing and reduce the Z coordinate to '0'. Either way its a pain. ADT's 3d functions really start to get in the way of normal 2d drawing - if I was you I would switch to AutoCAD full version or AutoCAD LT or go to Microstation which doesnt have any of these problems. AutoCAD are really losing the ball with ADT.
Nats
Reply to
Nats
Actually,, if you do this one by one you can reduce it to 2d. Set up one viewport at a time if it hasn't already been setup. Then looking through that viewport.. explode everything. Save As to a different file. Then go into the original again and do the same thing for the next viewport. As long as you are looking through viewports.. you can explode the objects and they will revert to 2d in the plane that the viewport is perpendicular to.
Scott.
Reply to
sw