REQ: Layer convertor/merger

I have a source drawing with too many layers. I want several layers to be merged in a single one with different colour and linetype settings. I want to make two text files by using the
program each containing all the layer data like in list of layers. The program then shows a source and a target scroll window viewing those files. Then I would have to link one or several source layers to the target layer. These links I would like to save as well. So next time I open a source drawing I can convert it to my target drawing. Perhaps the link creation program should seperate the conversion part as the latter should be used more than the first.
btw I work under Autocad2000 in milimetres.
TIA, Frank
How much work have you done yourself to address this "problem" of yours?
--

MichaelB
www.michaelbulatovich.com