Auto-insert of Diesel string

Hi All.......I tried this post in another group and got no response.....maybe somebody here can help, please.........

I have need to insert a string of Diesel code by just pushing a button on a toolbar. Iknow how to set up the button, and how to code in the macro, but as soon as the macro seemy my "Dollar sign" leading off my Diesel string, it just shuts down. I've tried various characters infront of the Dollarsign but to no avail......if I leave the Dollarsign out, it reads the string correctly..........my code presently starts off something like this:

rtext;D;$(getvar,"dwgname");

Any help to get it to "read" the Dollarsign would be appreciated, or another way to get the Diesel string into the drawing "automatically".

Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3

Reply to
CLR

For diesel the syntax would be $(getvar,dwgname)

Mart> Hi All.......I tried this post in another group and got no

Reply to
Martin Shoemaker

Oh ... forget it. RText won't work that way. Sorry.

expressions:

Reply to
Paul Turvill