ANOTHER OT POST!!!

bob z. is sittin here at work detailing a decent assy. bob z. needed a
little break, so he hit the newsgroup. What does good ol' bob z. find?
Jon B. goin crazy!
O.K. here is the question - How does bob z. go about blocking all of
Jon B.'s posts in google groups? The obvious answer is bob z. just
using a real newsreader and get the group from a real feed. But, bob
z. is in IT/IS hell and the IT Genius has installed software to scan
everyone's computers for ANY installed software. Oh yeah, he still has
anti-virus set to scan all swx files. Real Bright Flame, he is.
Thanks!
bob z.
p.s. bob z. is happily growing hops in the backyard now!!!
Reply to
bob zee
Mike T. agrees with bob z.; get a newsreader like Agent. Mike T. has JB and Cliff in killfile; Mike T. likes the newsgroup much better now...
At least your IT guy is scanning stuff... I've heard horror stories from friends that have had virus come FROM the IT dept...
Mike T. reporting for Mike T.
Reply to
Mike Tripoli
I can run xnews from a smartmedia card without installing it in my computer. It saves my settings, filters, everything. I'm sure Freeagent would work as well. I've run software in school computers off my digital camera thru the usb connection.
Mike Tripoli wrote:
Reply to
John Kimmel
That is inspired!
Mike Tripoli
Reply to
Mike Tripoli
bob z,
What are you using to read the newsgroup?
Reply to
John Eric Voltin
well, if you're going to go OT, why not QUALITY OT ?
for example, "page 3", a little something the british tabloids cooked up
most corp. IT departments haven't learned to block. nothing hard core, the young lasses are merely not wearing shirts.
for video distractions, i suggest the big wave shots at surfline and mavsurfer
and
check out Teahupoo, the little spirit of "aloha" coming from Tahiti.
... just check out the video's, use some of that corporate IT broadband.
when i was using one space designer, these were some of the pleasant OT distractions that i'm sure the IT department was watching me watch.
Reply to
wwswimming
I remember reading in an old hippie magazine that you can graft hops stalks onto the roots of "hemp" plants and get the look of one and the effect of the other. Might have been b.s. though.
bill
Reply to
bill a
we (the whole engineering group) fought and fought and finally were able to get firefox installed, so bob z. is using it to read google groups.
bob z.
Reply to
bob zee
that is some of the coolest 'quality' off topic yet!!! surfing is cool and that was some hardcore surf!!!
bob z.
Reply to
bob zee
that is probably completely possible. bob z. bought a weeping cherry tree last summer. it had been grafted onto a larger cherry tree trunk. bob z. doesn't know enough about plants and stuff to know why they do this. it is VERY cool that it works. hop plants and "hemp" plants are of the same family... :~)>
bob z.
Reply to
bob zee