2007 crash crash crash

I keep getting a CTD with a Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
runtime error dialog.
I get two dialogs that say the same thing and then a CTD.
Reply to
RaceBikesOrWork
bob z. just installed swx2007 at home (to test before installing at work). the microsoft dot net framework failed to install and swx CTD's instantly - every time. bob z. knows this doesn't help you, but just thought he would share some of the calamity.
a reboot (or two) and a repair of existing installation AND a critical patch update for m$ dot net still has not resolved this issue.
is product activation at fault? how does good ol' bob z. go about doing the product activation? swx won't stay running long enough to find a button that says, "click me for activation!"
bob z. p.s. what do you do for money, honey? where do you get your kicks?
Reply to
bobzee1
Someone on the SW corp forum was saying that they were getting the Runtime error in 2007 when they were using a spaceball. Unloading the drivers stopped them. Maybe 3DConnexion needs to get updated drivers for 2007 now.
I don't have a spaceball. nuts.
> Someone on the SW corp forum was saying that they were getting the > Runtime error in 2007 when they were using a spaceball. Unloading the > drivers stopped them. Maybe 3DConnexion needs to get updated drivers for > 2007 now. > >
Reply to
RaceBikesOrWork
It happens randomly, but now I have one assembly that it is repeatable. Open asm, right click on part, select open part, POOF
RaceBikesOrWork wrote: > I don't have a spaceball. > nuts. > > > Someone on the SW corp forum was saying that they were getting the > > Runtime error in 2007 when they were using a spaceball. Unloading the > > drivers stopped them. Maybe 3DConnexion needs to get updated drivers for > > 2007 now. > > > >
Reply to
RaceBikesOrWork
It only repeated if the part is lightweight, if I resolve it I can get it open. My handicap is down to a 47 now.
RaceBikesOrWork wrote: > It happens randomly, but now I have one assembly that it is repeatable. > Open asm, right click on part, select open part, POOF > > RaceBikesOrWork wrote: > > I don't have a spaceball. > > nuts. > > > > > Someone on the SW corp forum was saying that they were getting the > > > Runtime error in 2007 when they were using a spaceball. Unloading the > > > drivers stopped them. Maybe 3DConnexion needs to get updated drivers for > > > 2007 now. > > > > > >
Reply to
RaceBikesOrWork
The first thing I do when trying to decipher stuff like that is to turn off all add-ins and then try loading again.
WT
> It only repeated if the part is lightweight, if I resolve it I can get > it open. > My handicap is down to a 47 now. > > RaceBikesOrWork wrote: >> It happens randomly, but now I have one assembly that it is repeatable. >> Open asm, right click on part, select open part, POOF >> >> RaceBikesOrWork wrote: >> > I don't have a spaceball. >> > nuts. >> > >> > > Someone on the SW corp forum was saying that they were getting the >> > > Runtime error in 2007 when they were using a spaceball. Unloading the >> > > drivers stopped them. Maybe 3DConnexion needs to get updated drivers >> > > for >> > > 2007 now. >> > > >> > >
Reply to
Wayne Tiffany
I already tried that.
I got it to work for awhile by selecting a different config, but now that doesn't work.
Things are griding to a halt, lets see, if I restore my backups and lose 4 days work .... I can make it up over the holiday weekend!!!!!!!
Wayne Tiffany wrote: > The first thing I do when trying to decipher stuff like that is to turn off > all add-ins and then try loading again. > > WT >
> > It only repeated if the part is lightweight, if I resolve it I can get > > it open. > > My handicap is down to a 47 now. > > > > RaceBikesOrWork wrote: > >> It happens randomly, but now I have one assembly that it is repeatable. > >> Open asm, right click on part, select open part, POOF > >> > >> RaceBikesOrWork wrote: > >> > I don't have a spaceball. > >> > nuts. > >> > > >> > > Someone on the SW corp forum was saying that they were getting the > >> > > Runtime error in 2007 when they were using a spaceball. Unloading the > >> > > drivers stopped them. Maybe 3DConnexion needs to get updated drivers > >> > > for > >> > > 2007 now. > >> > > > >> > >
Reply to
RaceBikesOrWork
You have a repeatable assy - can you send it to me with the parts and I will try it on mine. I have not seen the problem with 2007. Have you Rx'd that file and sent it to your VAR? WT
>I already tried that. > > I got it to work for awhile by selecting a different config, but now > that doesn't work. > > Things are griding to a halt, lets see, if I restore my backups and > lose 4 days work .... I can make it up over the holiday weekend!!!!!!! > > > Wayne Tiffany wrote: >> The first thing I do when trying to decipher stuff like that is to turn >> off >> all add-ins and then try loading again. >> >> WT >>
>> > It only repeated if the part is lightweight, if I resolve it I can get >> > it open. >> > My handicap is down to a 47 now. >> > >> > RaceBikesOrWork wrote: >> >> It happens randomly, but now I have one assembly that it is >> >> repeatable. >> >> Open asm, right click on part, select open part, POOF >> >> >> >> RaceBikesOrWork wrote: >> >> > I don't have a spaceball. >> >> > nuts. >> >> > >> >> > > Someone on the SW corp forum was saying that they were getting the >> >> > > Runtime error in 2007 when they were using a spaceball. Unloading >> >> > > the >> >> > > drivers stopped them. Maybe 3DConnexion needs to get updated >> >> > > drivers >> >> > > for >> >> > > 2007 now. >> >> > > >> >> > >
Reply to
Wayne Tiffany
Yea, all that. There are working on it. I would send it to you but its big. Might as well go home now and get a ride in... I will be busy catching up this weekend if I can get it working. Man, I never would install SP0, but things went soooo welllll for the first 3 days and gosh all those new functionabnormalites. If only I would have been as lucky as bob z. I wonder what bob z. thinks of the whole beta - release process. How could they release something if even one beta bugger had a breakdown such as this?
Wayne Tiffany wrote: > You have a repeatable assy - can you send it to me with the parts and I will > try it on mine. I have not seen the problem with 2007. Have you Rx'd that > file and sent it to your VAR? > WT >
> >I already tried that. > > > > I got it to work for awhile by selecting a different config, but now > > that doesn't work. > > > > Things are griding to a halt, lets see, if I restore my backups and > > lose 4 days work .... I can make it up over the holiday weekend!!!!!!! > > > > > > Wayne Tiffany wrote: > >> The first thing I do when trying to decipher stuff like that is to turn > >> off > >> all add-ins and then try loading again. > >> > >> WT > >>
Reply to
RaceBikesOrWork
> You have a repeatable assy - can you send it to me with the parts and I will > try it on mine. I have not seen the problem with 2007. Have you Rx'd that > file and sent it to your VAR? > WT >
>> I already tried that. >> >> I got it to work for awhile by selecting a different config, but now >> that doesn't work. >> >> Things are griding to a halt, lets see, if I restore my backups and >> lose 4 days work .... I can make it up over the holiday weekend!!!!!!! >> >> >> Wayne Tiffany wrote: >>> The first thing I do when trying to decipher stuff like that is to turn >>> off >>> all add-ins and then try loading again. >>> >>> WT >>>
Go to the task manager and kill process Windows Search Indexer. I have had it cause SolidWorks to crash upon start.
Regards, Corey
RaceBikesOrWork wrote:
Reply to
CS
Could also be the automatic email feature if you don't use Outlook. I use Mozilla Tbird and sometimes on install the switch gets thrown, even though I tell it not to. You have to go into the registry to turn it off.
Reply to
FlowerPot
New to this game, what is a CTD? Thanks
Reply to
behoerner
Never mind, got it, Crash to Desktop, figures
Reply to
behoerner
I didn't install the desktop search thing. hmmm..... it just seems like one of those enhancements none of us needed enhanced. I didn't turn on the performance reporting thing. Is anybody using a Microsoft Sidewinder Commander with SW2007? I am going to try to uninstall that. We are gonna try uninstall/clean registry/reinstall SW2007 fresh if that doesn't work, even though that has never fixed any problem in the history of SW.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:
Reply to
RaceBikesOrWork
Actually it is more properly CTDT. Search the NG with Google and you will find a lot of them.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:
Reply to
TOP
I'm not an IT guy, and just want to WORK. I have no time to or intention of studying 266 pages or 566 pages of pdfs on how to tweak, reset, edit Registries, use VM on separate partitions, etc. just to keep SolidWorks running half way OK.
Hence, to keep SWks working right w/o problems, I have had to keep my SolidWorks off the internet, and the following is what I do. It has virtually eliminated CTDT.
1. Load a fresh clean XP2 installation on a new hard drive 2. Go online behind a firewall & good malware program like Bit Defender Pro if you must get XP2 updates, and then get off & stay off. 3. I install SolidWorks and the very few utilities I need (MSOffice, SnagIT, Winzip) 4. I don't connect to my network, either, because FireWire hard drives and USB flash keys have made file transfers unnecessary.
This type of procedure means you don't screw up your prior installs or data, so you NEVER screw up existing work in progress, while you test out a new version of SolidWorks.
Sleep Easy -- Bo
RaceBikesOrWork wrote:
Reply to
Bo
give it a rest, jughead, we're sick of your same old story. windows isn't as hard as you say, and mac sucks just as much, it just has less scrutiny because of its tiny market share.
Reply to
FlowerPot
Actually it nolonger e-mails. 2007 uses an web based system for sending these now so e-mail is no-longer an issue.
FlowerPot wrote:
Reply to
CS