Is the silence a tell all?

Some of you have downloaded 2005 SP 0.0 and are probably working with it in some fashion (testing or projects) any flaws at this point? Usually by know I would have expected to see some flame of the latest release and some hokey garbage about how we are all beta testers. Anyway I haven't run into anything. Anyone else?

Ken

Reply to
Ken Maren

No issues here yet.

Well, one thing, the dwg editor crashes when I try to print a dwg. Can't remove that big legacy app (brand "A") just yet.

Richard

Ken Maren wrote:

Reply to
Richard M

So, silence IS golden! Or is it just that so many of us have been burned that almost no one is trying out SP0?

Jerry Steiger

Hole callouts in the drawings get all screwed up from 2004 to 2005. I have several drawings that will open in 2004 that REFUSE to open in

2005. Be>

Jerry,

Most SP0's have been usable. Stuff usually doesn't get really broke until they start fixing things.

Mark

Reply to
MM

i've been testing some small assemblies (w/ associated parts & drawings) at home and haven't seen this. the ability to add tolerances to each component of the hole callout is very nice. i always look forward to drawing enhancements.

Reply to
kenneth b

Apparently you didn't read my previous post under SW2005 is up.

Here is a quick list:

Huge install size. 700 MB + 125MB on C: before installing Toolbox or PDMWorks.

Problems with setting up default directories and getting the tabs right.

Problems with it wanting to make an ODBC connection to a non-existent Toolbox. I hadn't installed it (TB) yet.

Problems with editing the curved slot library feature.

Problems with the static seal library feature.

N> Some of you have downloaded 2005 SP 0.0 and are probably working with

Reply to
P.

bob z. likes this ability, also. it is VERY nice to be able to tolerance each component of a hole, c'bore, etc. the problem seems to be that it isn't very consistent. good ol' bob z. opened up an old (2004) dwg and the hole callout tolerance feature worked on one hole and it didn't work correctly on another. oh well, some is better than none!

on a side note, bob z. is running a little 'office pool'. how many months before our I.T. genius gets swx2005 installed. we had to wait 5 months for swx2004.

8~)>

bob z.

Reply to
bob zee

dang, i thought you fell you the edge (of earth) and just in case you did, welcome back from the abyss. :)

Reply to
kenneth b

bob z. has had an interesting summer. he left a very good job for a 39% pay increase. the company that offered this HUGE pay was in serious financial trouble. good ol' bob z. had to go back to his original job within 3 weeks... abyss? yes, abyss could not be more descriptive.

"umm, yeah, boss? yeah, do you still have room for a schizo-redneck who posts to usenet in the third person?"

not fun.

8~)>

bob z. is now exactly one week along with his new eyes. yep, got the LASIK vision correction. pretty darn awesome. bob z. now has 20/15 vision. no glasses needed! is that cool or what?

bob z. just got a new computer at work! it is a 3.4ghz xeon with 2.5gb of ram and a quadroFX 3400 video card. woooo-weeee! it ALSO has window$ ex-pee service pack TWO. bob z. can see that the computer is fast. real fast. bob z. can also see when it stops and waits for instructions from the I.T. Genius. it's a shame really.

bob z.

Reply to
bob zee

Welcome back. What a little adventure you've had. At least you got a new workstation out of it.

How is express-pee sp2 with SW? Any issues? It's not officially supported by SW until the next SP of 04 and 05, IIRC.

Reply to
Dale Dunn

The 5 minute rule still holds.

I just used the DWGEditor a.k.a. SolidAutoCad (SAC). That is pretty slick. Looks just like some nameless version of ACAD.

Pulled up a vendor print. Looked awesome. Went to print and the labels on the buttons on the bottom of the lookalike print setup screen were nameless. You had to guess which button was print, etc. Not only did they not have labels, but the size and placement of the buttons changed every time you clicked on one of them.

And of course this happened within 5 minutes of starting this application for the first time.

Is there any correlation between the increase in melodramatic metaphors on Usenet and the increased sales of the melodramatic buffy DVDs?

Yes, cool welcome to the club.

I had my LAZIK 1.5 years ago, I didn't get 20/15, more like 20/30 (which I find is way better then 20/750, 20/900 I had before)

Cool.

Welcome back bob.

Joe

Reply to
joe(usenews)

I'm sticking to the use of contact lenses. (Chicken?)

I wonder what meaning have those "20/900" numbers. Here (France), you are given a kind of a grade for our eyesight, from 0/10 to 10/10.

Is it always 20/"something", the bigger the "something" is, the worst your eyesight is? And what is he range of that "something"?

TIA

JM

Reply to
Jean Marc BRUN
20/20 is normal vision. you can see from 20 feet what normal eyes can see from 20 feet. 20/900 means you can only see from 20 feet what normal eyes can see from 900 feet (VERY VERY Bad). I don't know at what level it starts but if non-correctable, 20/500 is leagaly blind in the U.S..

Dave H

Jean Marc BRUN wrote:

Reply to
Dave H
20/X vision means simply that you can see at 20 feet what a "normal" person can see at 20 feet.

Thus, 20/100 is bad, and 20/10 is good. Functionally, the range is from ~20/10 to ~20/1000

Note that this is a very limited measurement--it doesn't in any way address "near field" vision of the sort that's necessary to read--you could have

20/20 ("normal") vision and still need to wear reading glasses.

Reply to
Michael

bob z. hasn't seen any issues thus far with sp2. it seems to have changed the way IE works - basically the download dialog box looks differently and stuff like that...

bob z. is a little tooooo drunky right now to comment further.

sorry!

bob z. in praise of Bacchus

Reply to
bob zee

I forget what it is called... but was this the version of Lasik (or is it lasek) that they make a contour map of the lense and do selective blasting, or was this the "general" one curvature fits all type? Do you know what I mean? I recently read about this new form that was checking the focus properties of points across the lense, and as it is organic, it is not perfectly symmetrical - so this mapping then allows the laser to blast more or less from selective spots - supposedly improving the results.

I would consider this, but I am really not so confident that there are no side effects - like the nightime light glare or halos. Do you get any of this, or is it too early to tell?

Cheers, and glad to hear our favorite third person sees well and has a job agian ;-)

Daniel

Reply to
daniel

bob z. wanted to get the 'custom' lasik

but for the extra $1000, bob z. didn't feel it was necessary. bob z.'s eyes weren't that bad and well, bob z. just couldn't afford it! bob z. got the 'one curvature fits all' type. the 'customvue' does minimize nighttime glare and halos. bob z. has no worse nighttime glare or halos than what he saw when he wore glasses. bob z. is a wimp, so he couldn't do the 'contacts' thing. bob z. does NOT like to mess with his eyeballs. bob z. doesn't even like to get eyedrops. the glare and halos are supposed to minimize with time, but it is by far, not a distraction. do we really drive staring into headlights of oncoming cars? hope not!

8~)>

the eye doctor (if he is a good one) will tell you that you WILL have side effects. you will have dry eyes for 3 months, you will have halos, starbursts, glares, etc. bob z. has sensitive eyes (remember? bob z. being a wimp and all...) and so far the dryness is not even an issue - even with sittin at a computer for 9 hours a day.

if you are thinking about doing it but are afraid of the side-effects, think about the side-effects with glasses and then think about the FREEDOM!!!

on a more personal note, bob z. LOVES to look at his wife. bob z. can see her much more now.

8~)>

bob z.

Reply to
bob zee