Heidenhain TNC 151 part 2

Seems the monitor repair co couldn't help with my display problem originating in the TNC 151 controller............

Phoned Heidenhain, no problem, have a service exchange, at a price, that by the sound of it, includes a milling machine as well !!!

Plan 2, send in for repair, comment was that its a common problem , and yet another bargain price !!!

Plan 3, anyone out there got a 151 they don't want, or want to sell for a considerable amount of wad, or know how to fix the non display problem, or got any boards they don't want or need

Hopefully, this time my post will be visible to me !!! Bob

Reply to
Emimec

Bob, be more cost effective to retrofit with Mach3 probably.

Reply to
Wayne Weedon

Cant see my last post re TNC 151.

Time to say goodbye to IE I think, and use a previously suggested news reader Bob

Reply to
Emimec

[...]

I use IE & OE and have seen 4 reposts from you today, all identical except for the titles. Whatever the cause of your news reading problem it isn't related to IE in general, but to some specific setting on your machine or server.

I once inadvertantly put myself on my own blacklist of blocked senders, and for two weeks never saw any of my postings until the penny dropped. Could you have done something similar?

I also wonder about the value and effectiveness of such anti-spam devices as adding NOSPAM in the middle of ones name. Could they become self-defeating so that one doesn't receive ones own mail? I use a completely open address and a decent ISP, and have nor received a scrap of spam for years.

Cliff Coggin.

Reply to
Cliff Coggin

In article , Cliff Coggin writes

Cliff,

Interesting; I have used the above munged address on usenet ever since I started almost 20 years ago; at the time, Demon actually recommended it. I have received almost no spam on the e-mail address I would otherwise have used, unlike the Yahoo address I use for travelling which gets hundreds a month despite the fact that I hardly ever send it anywhere.

I had always assumed it was because of the precaution that I received so little. Demon introduced their own spam filtering a few years ago which caused me far more problems than the spam - it kept bouncing mail from Yahoo Groups mailing lists, and I kept being kicked off by Yahoo for this and had to re-activate. Eventually sorted after numerous complaints to Demon.

So, in essence, the only problem I have had comes from over-aggressive spam filtering, none of note from a munged posting address.

David

Reply to
David Littlewood

In my experience the availability of usenet messages is wholly dependent on the quality of the news service you (or your ISP) use. Use of a munged email address is irrelevant as usenet messages are not sent or received via your email address.

It seems that most news servers have odd problems from time to time but IME, since sing Albasani and Eternal September I have not noticed an occasion when neither one had the message I wanted.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

I am a great believer David in the adage that you only get what you pay for. Those who rely on cheap or free email addresses seem to be the ones who complain the most about their services, or lack thereof. It also seems to me that those cheap or free ISPs are also the ones who are the sources of spam, Gmail being one of the most notorious homes of spammers around.

Cliff.

Reply to
Cliff Coggin