Long thread shoulder bolt

Hi,

Sorry it's a bit off topic but does anyone know if it's possible to get shoulder bolts with longer than standard threads? This is the size I'm after:

M6 thread, 8mm diameter by 30mm length shoulder, but I need around

20mm of thread rather than 11mm. Stainless would be preferable too as it's to go on a motorbike.

Any ideas or do I need to get some turned up from M8 bolts?

Cheers, Rob

Reply to
robshelley

You can get them upto 50mm long - so maybe use a longer one and cut some extra thread on. You will need to turn some of the 8mm section down to

6mm first. You can buy them singly from Emkay (at a price) unless you want to buy a full box.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin