Equipment \ Stock Suppliers

Could anyone point me towards some suppliers for automotive key blanks. Someone who could put together a kind of start-up package. How many different types of keys should I initially plan on purchasing?

Second, in good places to start looking for used key duplicating or code cutting machines?

I am starting to work on my start-up budget, could anyone give me a few suggestions on items that would be used regularly besides the obvious hand tools, key machines?

Thanks for any assistance.

R. Place

Reply to
no-way

For GM 20 each

A keyway - B48, B keyway - B49, C keyway - B50, D keyway - B-51, E keyway - B44, H keyway - B45, J keyway - B46, K keyway - B47

10 Each GM

RA3, B65, RA4, B82

Chrysler 20 each

Y154, Y155, Y157, Y149, Old ignition? Y something.

Ford 50 each

H60, H75

Ford 20 each

H50, H51, H54, H78

Here is a list of the other blanks I've found most useful. I try to keep at least 10 of each. BTW, All the blanks I list can sub for many other numbers. As an example the H60 is for all ten cut Fords.

B10, B11, H55, B63, B62, MZ18, TR33, MT1, MT3, DA25, B96, B70, TR37, B78, DA34, MZ16, X52, B69, B77, DC3, BMW3, BMW2, V30, DC1, HD90, HD83, HD103, HD98, H70, B68, B64, B80, TR47, TR28, B88, B5, B? Gas Cap?

That's not all but if you are just starting out then you wont need much more unless you invest in VATS stuff or programing tools.

Reply to
Glen Cooper

Great answer from "key"

I have several key machines semi-auto and full auto + code cutters all are used in good working condition

contact me if interested.

keysman#cox.net replace the # with @

Don

Reply to
no Spam

think thats right...

see the 'towers' that are at the hardware store? they 'are designed' to cover 90% or so of the common keys used...go make a list of whats there and what hook is EMPTY... or down in stock...it might give you a clue...

MY recomendation? look around you and see what is DRIVING down the road... you may see certain brands, and OTHER brands NOT AT ALL...I got 10 each of a lot of blanks when I first started out, and its amazing on some, how many of the 10 I still got...

I use a ton of Ford blanks, a lot of GM... and a Chrysler now and then, thats in MY AREA... each area is different... Foreign??? maybe 3-4 cars so far this year... --Shiva--

Reply to
--Shiva--