Quality and Reliability of Air Tech locks and systems.

I work for a small county in Central California and they are in the process of building a new Juvenile Hall. We presently use Schlage and Schlage Primus systems in the Sheriffs Dept. and Folger Adams at the Jail. Now they are in the process of of building a new Juvenile hall and changing to Air Tech. Does any one have any thing at all to say regarding this company. I would appreciate all comments as I will be the one that has to do all of the repair work on this system. Also are the locks compatible with the schlage system or do I have to buy more tools and machinery. Thanks In Advance.

Reply to
blarneystone

I am having a hard time believing that there is no-one on this BB that has not heard of air tech locks. I hadn't but that doesn't mean anything, I have only been at this a couple of years. I came to work one day and the locksmith retired and the next day they taught me how to spell it and I have been on a long uphill climb learning everything that I could since then.

I just don't want to get in a position where I won't be able to get parts or the system is no good in the first place. I am sure that you can understand my position on this matter. I would like to have some kind of feedback that I can take to the powers that be and be able to say yea or nea. Please help. Thanks In Advance. If you don't want to post to the BB please use my email address. Thanks tlreedatlanset.com put @ in place of at.

Reply to
blarneystone
38 years in business & never heard of it. Of course, there are a lot of weird locks, etc that I've never heard of.

Every day someone reinvents the wheel!!!

Newnsie

Reply to
UPUHRS5437

Reply to
Jim Gaynor

If they are a detention only lock you may have to look around to find someone with experience with them.

Reply to
Putyourspamhere

You must mean Adtec. As far as I know they are detention locks only. Similar to Folger Adam.

Reply to
KDF

Nope, definitely Air Tech. I looked them up on Google ................Nothing at least for the first 20 pages or so. Then I gave up. The name is in the spec sheets that we were given for the building. They obviously do not have a web page. Thanks for all the good information and the lack there of. I have taken the liberty of Copying the comments that were made here and given them to the powers that be. I have erased all of the addresses and url's Thanks again.

Reply to
blarneystone