[Shameless Plug] -- Embedded Systems Conference

I'll be delivering two presentations -- PID Without a PhD, and Basic
Control Theory for Software Engineers. More details at

This being the ESC, they've put the advanced class before the
prerequisite -- oh well.
Reply to
Tim Wescott
Just teach it in reverse and tell your students to push the material on their internal stacks and pop through later on when they get a chance. ;)
Jon
Reply to
Jonathan Kirwan
Best wishes to you, Tim. I had noticed you in the preliminary program.
Reply to
Randy Yates
Basic
Why do they always have the ESC in San Francisco? I can't go there, and wouldn't if I could. The Anaheim Convention center site would be a better choice! Or even Los Vegas!
Reply to
Clarence_A
Restraining order?
There are branch ones all over- Boston, Chicago, Shenzhen
, München etc. I doubt they are as good as the original.
Best regards, Spehro Pefhany
Reply to
Spehro Pefhany
Allows most of Silicon Valley to attend... The silicon valleys in southern california, prefer to stay at the beach :-)
Reply to
Ulf Samuelsson
and
Company will not pay for anything in the SF area, they say it is too expensive. They will pay in Anaheim or LV! I've even been allowed to book in Phoenix and Denver (Gun Barrel, CO). Just NOT SF!
No other explanation!
Reply to
Clarence_A
"Ulf Samuelsson" wrote
the beach :-)
Actually Silicon Valley is in north central California, (Bay area) and that is 357 miles north of the Irvine, CA company I work for. (Abt 600KM)
You going to the ESC?
Reply to
Clarence_A
So you can't go to New York, Boston, Chicago, and any other major city? I don't find San Francisco any more expensive than any of the above, in fact I think I usually pay less in San Fran. I usually use Expedia or Hotels.com or some other discount broker, and don't stay at the conference hotels ...
Reply to
Ron Huizen
"Ron Huizen" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com:
San Francisco is not necessarily more expensive than those other cities, if you avoid the big hotels downtown. One option is to find a hotel near CalTrain or Bart. These are the commuter rail services. You can walk from either to the convention center. I stay with family and do this several times a year. Don't rent a car, parking will kill you.
Air tickets are usually available at discount rates if you plan ahead. I pay from $200-$250 from Minneapolis.
If I wanted to go, I would predetermine hotels and travel options, and then talk to the powers that be.
Reply to
Al Clark
Tim Wescott wrote in news:10u30t54ccv3u71 @corp.supernews.com:
Hi Tim,
I will almost certainly be at the Analog Devices booth. I would love to buy you a beer. Any other comp.dsp'ers ?
Reply to
Al Clark
They're afraid you'll come back with pink hair?
Reply to
Tim Wescott
[snip]
SPIKED pink hair ;-)
...Jim Thompson
Reply to
Jim Thompson
[...]
Hey, it worked on Gwen Stefani.
Reply to
Grant Edwards
He's in Orange County. It's a miserly $39 each way via Southwest (Ontario San Jose or Oakland) with 14 day advance purchase.
Yup. Sounds like a rather Dilbertian policy.
Best regards, Spehro Pefhany
Reply to
Spehro Pefhany
Someone presented a $1,200 expense report for a one night stay: claimed it was because the hotels were so expensive. Wouldn't have anything to do with a pair of hookers? Nah....
-- Nicholas O. Lindan, Cleveland, Ohio Consulting Engineer: Electronics; Informatics; Photonics. Remove spaces etc. to reply: n o lindan at net com dot com psst.. want to buy an f-stop timer? nolindan.com/da/fstop/
Reply to
Nicholas O. Lindan
Perhaps they should just not reimburse expenses for "room service".
Reply to
Keith Williams
"Spehro Pefhany" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...
it is
been
major
usually use
don't stay at
other cities,
hotel near
options, and
Unless a customer is paying, anything over 1,000 Miles is just not considered. Price is not the issue, it's just policy.
BTW the last time I went to SF, it was an hour and a half each way from SJ motel to the Conference, and if you drove Parking was so far away you needed a bicycle to get to the hall.
Reply to
Clarence_A
details at
the
is
NOT
That would be an improvement over the (very high) lack of forehead cover! It would go well with the rest, gray!
Reply to
Clarence_A
stay:
service".
I suspect it was abuse by sales people that got this policy in place. Diners for four at $900, and renting a Ferrari for a week! But no one will say! Funny too, they spring for a three day weekend in SD at a nice beach side place for the entire staff with family, as a Christmas party! But travel is tight!
Reply to
Clarence_A