CALCULATION OF EARTH RESISTANCE IN MULTI-LAYER EARTH STRUCTURE.

I am PhD student and I doing some work on grounding resistance and I would like to develop a formula for CALCULATION OF EARTH RESISTANCE IN
MULTI-LAYER EARTH STRUCTURE. and compare it with some field measuremnts...What do you think? Is it possible to develop such this formula? Just want to remind you again that my case of study (calculation of Earth resistance for the driven rod in a horizontally stratified multi-layer earth at non-homogeneous earth). If any body have any papers to help or any advice please do I would like to thank you in advance yours Ram
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

The resistance varies from place and from time to time, and depends on frequency. See, for example, "Reference Data for Radio Engineers", 4th ed. (8th printing; 1962) IT&T Corp. How detailed a model do you want?
Your result could be an important advancement to the state of knowledge. As things now stand, formulas are used for rough approximations. When accurate information is called for, field tests are done.
Jerry