Both vehicles dead

For the first time in my history, both vehicles are dead. I've got a call in for a ride to church tomorrow, and then home. The carb for the van is at the shop, and the truck doesn't run. Runs only on ether.

This is not being a good day for me.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

diesel? change the fuel filter.. you HOPE that fixes it.. and reprime the system. --Shiva--

Reply to
--Shiva--

I know you think all this jesus worship stuff will accomplish something, but I'd bet otherwise.

Reply to
billb

I feel your pain. Running only on ether sounds to me like you are not getting any fuel. Check filters and pumps, they are the usual suspects.

Reply to
Roger Shoaf

call click and clack the tappet brothers, a helluva lot better than calling jesus and/or god.

Reply to
billb

You'd lose.

I can give you countless examples that show otherwise. Way too many to be coincidences.

On second thought, now that I think about it... you're kind of right. It's not the worship part that "accomplishes something". The worship comes (in part) from the gratitude for the (many) "somethings".

BTW - Everybody worships something, Bill. What do you worship?

You know, Bill.... You and I can argue "religion" all day and it would be your opinion against mine. However, if I tell you what Jesus Christ has done in _my_ life, you can't argue with that.... without calling me a liar. You may disagree with me on things theological, but I doubt that you honestly believe I would _lie_ about this. I think you know better than that.

Even if you think I'm wrong in my beliefs, you don't think I'm a liar. (Am I right?)

Bobby

Reply to
Bob DeWeese, CML

Ever actually tried it? If not, how do you know?

:)

Reply to
Bob DeWeese, CML

Gasoline. No fuel at the carb,e ven though the fuel pump goes tickety tickety.

Saw hole in floor. Change fuel pump. Now.... no power to fuel pump. Time for bed. Tomorrow find and change fuel pump relay. I've about 14 hours into it so far, and it will be a couple more. Well, no work on the books. Work on truck or watch Tv. Easy choice.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

You are wise. And correct.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Done plenty in my life too. And through me to bless others. Had my first baptism this year. Woman I met at the nursing home wanted to be baptized. I can see the change in her life. I got to give a healing blessing to a woman about two weeks ago. She was going in for dental extraction. The folks at the office noticed and remarked how peaceful she was. She told them about the blessing, and they were surprised and pleased and amazed. And the list grows and grows.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Yes I am! Now I only need to figure out a way folks will just slip the money under the door while I sleep things will be much better.

Reply to
Roger Shoaf

I did. You didn't find it this morning?

Oh, got the Blazer running yesterday. took a fuel pump (which means cut a hole about 1 by 2 feet size, in the floor of the cargo bed). And then no power to the fuel pump which had power the day before. That required a relay, from the junk yard. Two relays next to each other. One had no power, the other had no ground. Twin the two together, and now it runs. About 20 hours or so of my labor, and $75 or so in parts.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

About 20

oh come now, YOU had NOTHING to do with it. Jesus did all the work and paid the expenses. Just confess your sins.

Reply to
billb

You know, you could be a little less hostile. Chris doesn't go out of his way to preach his beliefs like some do. He has links available for those who are interested.

Just because you do not believe in Jesus does not mean you have to be rude to those who do. Same goes for bashing those who believe in Mother Nature, Odin, or the Pink Fuzzy Rabbit with Quicksilver Eyes.

But then, hey, you do have free speech, so if you feel you need to be a total jackanapes, then go ahead.

Reply to
Skald Grimnir

I'm not hostile in the least, I'm just trying to "nail this guy to the cross" and admit he does not know if god exists or not any more than anybody else. He relies on supposition, like the majority, and if you look at the world objectively, that's dangerous.

Take Falluja, PLEASE.

Reply to
billb

Thanks for the kind support. I support the right of folks to be jackanapes on Usenet.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon
<sob> you are so right. I have sinned in the most terrible ways. I have used Dexter blanks in Kwikset locks. I ahve used a Slim Jim to open cars. I have drilled holes in the wrong places on the customer's door. I have refused to go out to lock out calls at night. I have reused cut keys when I needed a set up key for another job. I have even installed Weiser products.

Bless me, for I have sinned. I am lower than the dust of the Earth.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I've got three years of college, and a father who's an editor. However, you got me. What is defenestrated? I think I've heard the word "fenestrated" in the context of surgical drapes.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Oddly enough, yes I do know. However, it's a bit off topic for this USenet group. If you'd like to ask the qeustion on alt.religion.mormon, I'd feel free to answer it there.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

A wonderful word, S.M...from the Latin for window, it means to throw something out of a window. I didn't notice the original message, but I understand it is used now to mean deleting M$ Windows from your machine. It is frequently used in high school history classes to describe the start of the (I think) 30 Years War, where the Bohemian ambassador was defenestrated from a castle but survived due to landing in a cart of manure that was coincidentally passing by. Whether that is historically accurate or embellished for the sake of student interest is not for me to say.

I've heard that the reverse, to throw something in through the window, is to abfenestrate.

Art Temporary usercode - to be deleted when spam starts. Use MyBrainHurts at this ISP to reach me

Reply to
Arthur Shapiro