Jolly Roger Car Model?

Monsters in Motion has a car kit called the Jolly Roger, basically a chassis with a boat and sails for the body with a skeleton driving.
Am thinking it is a repop from a 1960's Revell or Monogram type car?
has an October 2003 suggested release with a price of $11.99
anyone confirm that it is an old model?
Craig

Craig,
"Jolly Roger" is indeed a repop of an old kit. MPC (Model Products Corporation) had produced a 1:25 scale model of the truck from Beverly Hillbillies in the late 1960's. After the sales of that kit went away, they modified the tooling to produce a fantasy show rod with a cartoonish "pirate ship" body. AMT/Ertl (owner of all the old MPC tooling) is reissuing Jolly Roger, and are also reissuing the original version Beverly Hillbillies Truck after the 1st of the year.
OK, so what kind of vehicle is the BhB truck you may ask? 1920 Oldsmobile touring car, which had been cut down into a home-built flatbed truck by an owner way back in its history, before being discovered by George Barris for use on the Beverly Hillbillies set.
Art Anderson
RLM wrote:

I don't know anything about that one. I do have the original Le Mans-type kit and a colour picture plus two photos off Alt.binaries.pictures.autos of the interior and the engine. At the time that was a current vehicle my wife's grandfather was a VP over at Howmet. I didn't get to see the car in person however. :(
Bill Banaszak, MFE

Here's a fuzzy pic of the Howmet TX Mark II: http://auta5p.car.cz/katalog/howmet/howmet_mkii_01.htm .

My "From" address is munged - click "Reply To" to respond via email.
Al Superczynski wrote:

Hmmmmm...looks like a cleaned up version of Racer X's "Shooting Star"...
--
Edwin (sometime "Speed Racer" fan...)

(Remove "DIESPAMDIE!")
Al Superczynski wrote:

Obviously a different car than the Mk.I which was a closed car.
Bill Banaszak, MFE
EmilA1944 wrote:

Any suggestions on how to re-convert it back to a touring car? :)
Bill Banaszak, MFE
Hello Craig:
it's a re-issue
take care