Transponder/Pats keys

I recently bought two Pats keys for my 2000 Ford Excursion from a locksmith on Ebay. Both keys work mechanically. They were cut by code before being sent to me. I was able to program one of the keys after several attempts, but the other key will not program. Is it likely that the second key is defective? Are there any other techniques I can try to program this key? I tried wrapping the keys in aluminum foil between steps because I was told that the truck's computer is sometimes confused by nearby keys. When I bought the truck, it only had one key. When a local locksmith made a second key, I asked him to remove any other keys in the computer (there were two).

Thanks for any help/information, Norris

Reply to
Norris Smith

funny... but.. A local garage had a truck towed in,, wouldnt start.. was a Ford Transponder.. I asked if there was ANOTHER key available.. yes, and it worked fine..

the one key would not work... hmm.. anything odd happen? yes, he dropped the key on the concrete drive way and after that it would not work..

UNFORTUNATELY for you, I think you need someone that has a transponder READER.. just to check the key itself..

and are you CERTAIN you are following the instructions for adding a third and 4th key EXACTLY? you probably should not add one by itself.. IMO, but add both the third and 4th in the same process..??

the on board system IS responding properly?

worst case is find someone with programming tool and have them try.. --Shiva--

Reply to
--Shiva--