New to group, thot I would say hi! :)

Hello everyone :)

I'm glad to see there is still a great deal of interest in plastic models. I used to build a lot of models when I was younger, mostly armour, mostly from MRC-Tamiya I would also like to ask a couple(or more) questions...

My brother recalls hearing of a company that specializes in discontinued model kits a while back. Does anyone know of such a company? I'm looking for a couple "oldies" and figured this would be the best place to start looking! :) The kits I am looking for are:

"Eagle" spaceship from the Space 1999 TV series;

and a 1974\5\6 Chevrolet 3\4 or 1 ton pickup.

The Chev truck is to be turned into a replica of the old Canadian Forces "5 Quad Command Post" vehicle, as I used to work in one of them (retired Artillery...)

Anyway, if anyone has any insight in this, could you please reply here? My e-mail is currently down (I'm in the process of fixing my main computer).

Much obliged,

James aka "SimStim"

Reply to
SimStim

Hi yourself.

That would probably be Glencoe; their models are around at hobby stores, and available on the Web. Do a search through Yahoo, Lycos or whatever your favorite search engine is.

For the Eagle, I'd say go to eBay and search under "Airfix Eagle 1999" and you should get a number of hits. Don't pay more than $25.00. I think that it might aslo be available under another manufacturer's logo, but due to a "senior moment", can't remember which. Anyone?

Can't help on the Chevy Truck. Revell did one, I think, but I don't know its status.

The Old Timer

snipped-for-privacy@aol.comspamless (The Old Timer) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mb-m11.aol.com:

AMT reissued this a few years back. May be easier to find. The Airfix does command a high price...

Reply to
Peter Baxter

I've seen it in MPC boxes also which might be where AMT got hold of it.

Hi Jim and welcome to our group!

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak