Hi, I'm looking to have the Flywheel magneto re-energised for my Villiers 98cc 4

Hi, I'm looking to have the Flywheel magneto re-energised for my Villiers 98cc 4F but I am unable to find a servicing company here in the UK, any help would be
much appreciated. Launceston. Cornwall.
Chris,
A bit of a distance from you but martin Percy snipped-for-privacy@ntlworld.com 73 Ridgeway Wellingborough NN8 4RY is somebody I use to repair my magneto's, he is very good and does a good job.
Martin P
in message

On Saturday, April 5, 2014 3:18:03 AM UTC+1, Chris Baverstock wrote:

A couple of places to try
http://www.brightsparkmagnetos.com/contact/index.htm
Don't know anything about them but they do a remagnetising service and
http://www.meetens.co.uk/products/villiers_engines.html
who have a good reputation in the two-stroke world.
John H
On 05/04/2014 03:18, Chris Baverstock wrote:

On outboard engines it was common to re-engise the magneto yourself ...
Remove spark plugs, find a suitable socket to fit the flywheel nut .... put this on short extension bar, put other end in electric drill and then spin flywheel for around 5 mins ... this would re-energise the magneto.
Not sure if it works on motorbikes - would expect technology is similar ... from same age.